Chapter 28

When they showed up to her father's house, It was really big on the outside and probably bigger on the inside.

"You ready Amb?"

"... No, no I don't want to do this no more. Why did I agree to this again?" she started to panic.

"Because you want to know your dad's side of the family"

"No I don't"

"Yes you do, baby he was wrong in the past, but it's nothing like right now and in the present where you and your dad's relationship can be fixed"

"... Okay"

"Go up to the door and knock on it" Amber grabbed Layla's hand and walked up to the door, Amber knocked on it and waited for an answer.

"Here I come" a female voice answered, Jayce put an comforting hand on her shoulder and waited until the door opened.

"Hello, you must be Amber"

"Yes ma'am"

"Please come in, I'm Mariah, your fathers wife. He's told us so much about you" the woman grabbed her arm and linked it with hers as she guided them through her house. Amber still held onto Layla's hand and Jayce followed behind the three of them.

"It's not like he knew too much"

"Well he told us what he did know about you and I'm excited I finally get to meet you" Amber simply smiled in her direction.

"You have four siblings, I had a son before your father so you do have an older brother his name is Derrick, he's 33"

"Mommy daddy's 33 too right?"

"Yes he is" Mariah stopped at the living room door.

"You have a daughter?" Amber nodded.

"Say hello Layla" Amber encouraged as Mariah bended down to Layla's height.

"Hi Mrs-"

"No, none of that sweetheart, I'm your grandmother"

"I thought grandma died" Amber and Mariah gasped.

"Baby you normally have two grandmothers. but in this case you have three"

"Oh, okay"

"I'm Grandma Mariah"

"Hi Grandma Mariah" Layla hugged the older woman.

"Momma, go in the kitchen and help daddy not burn it down" A dark skinned girl said coming out of the living room. Mariah stood up straight and shook her head.

"Alright Kenya, why don't you meet our special guests, I'll send out everyone else" Mariah disappeared.

"Your our special guests?" Kenya asked.