Intro : Silent Goodbye's

(Cover Art by: @night-skyhoseok )

(Hoseok's POV)

Proud, I guess that's how I felt seeing Namjoon finally United with his mate. Sure, anyone else in my shoes might be envious, but I wasn't. I was proud of him. Despite being older I was never one to hold that over him, in my mind he was my twin, we were born in the same year. We were the twin moons in our sky. So yes, I was proud. What I wasn't expecting was for him to tell me that I was next in line to go find my mate. I don't know why he didn't choose one of our elder brothers, I mean surely they would have been a better choice. They've been waiting a very long time, however he didn't choose them. What was more shocking was that he said they knew and wanted me to go next. I was overthinking things as I was packing. It was touching and I wanted nothing more than to run to their rooms and hug them tightly and thank them for being my brothers. Even though that's what I wanted to do, I didn't.

"Don't worry." I heard from my doorway, I turned to see Yoongi leaning against the frame.

"I'm not worried." I said with a smile. He shook his head.

"Right, you're not worried and I'm a marshmallow." He replied.

"Yeah, you're squishy." I chuckled at him and he walked over and punched my shoulder which only made me laugh.

"Ow, haha. Look I'm not worried about leaving. I have someone to contact, Namjoon told me I'll be fine and I know he's right. Finding a mate will take time but it'll all work out." I said with a nod of my head. Yoongi patted my back a few times and chuckled.

"You're not so much worried about leaving us, you're worried about finder her... or him, you're mate. Honestly I don't blame you. I'd be worried too. But hey, Joon found his in a short amount of time. I'm sure you'll find yours in a short amount of time too. Just don't be you and overthink it." He said. "You've got this tendency to overthink then over worry, all while smiling brightly like you're the happiest being in the galaxy." He chuckled. He was right, it was a bad habit maybe. I always looked for the bright side, I always focused on the good and the happy things. I had a bad habit of bottling up the negative. Yoongi knew it, he often helped me release all that pent up negativity. Sparing with him up in the mountains was something I needed from time to time, and I was thankful he thought of it. I would miss our sparring matches.

"I'll do my best to not overthink, and worry. You gotta promise me you'll hold things down here. I don't like some of the reports we've been getting in." I said to him as I tied my bag and set it in a chair in the sitting area of my room.

"Don't worry about that stuff. Jin and I will be on top of it. If we need Namjoon we'll pull him into it, but Jin Hyung really wants to keep Namjoon out of it so he can enjoy time with his Queen." He replied and I smiled and nodded my head.

"They need time to start their family, hopefully she'll finish her transformation without too much trouble. I remember the mothers lecturing us on how to care for our mates when it happens. I swear I'll be the best damn mate and make sure my lady is well taken care of." I said with a smile. I had been reading up on these things for a while. Jin was the only one who would join me in the library to read up on mates and their transformation. I chuckled to myself thinking of that time, our fathers were in rule and the kingdom was doing well.... Now look at it.

"I'm sure you'll be a great mate to yours. So are you leaving tonight or in the morning?" He asked and I grinned.

"I thought I'd leave tonight, and enjoy the cool night air as I go." I answered, chuckling as he nodded and turned around to head back to the doors of my room.

"Well, have a safe trip brother. Don't forget to bring me back something." Yoongi smiled at me as he spoke. I laughed and nodded.

"Of course. You'll be the top brother I bring back a souvenir for.... Right after Joonie." I replied with a smirk, trying so hard not to laugh but the look on his face was making that very difficult. He was glaring hard at me, his eyes disappearing and forming little slits. It was funny, I was laughing a lot. Too much maybe, because when his fist landed against my shoulder that laughter stopped.

"Ouch... shit." I sucked in air through my teeth as I winced for a moment more.

"Much better." Yoongi said with a smirk as he walked off. "See you when you get back." He shouted as he left me to hold my shoulder in pain. I shook my head after the pain subsided.

"I'll miss you too... now Joonie really is getting a better souvenir." I muttered to myself as I moved my bag to sit over by my doors. I decided to nap a bit before my trip, I'd need it. When I woke up from my nap the sun was setting and Iredia brought me some food.

"I thought you might be hungry." She smiled as she set the tray down on the table in my room. I sat down and began eating as she took the seat across from me.

"Leaving tonight?" She asked, like she didn't know. I nodded and she gave me a warm smile.

"Then I won't stay long. Eat up though, you'll need the energy. Let us know when you get there though, okay?" She was worried. I placed my hand over hers as I swallowed my food.

"Everything will be fine here. You know Joonie has it all under control. I'll do my best to find my mate. I promise." I tried to reassure her. I was hopeful that I'd find her... or him.. my mate. I felt like I was walking on cloud nine as I waited for darkness to fully set it. Once I was sure the skies were engulfed in the night I grabbed my bag and headed out of the palace, down the front steps of the front arch. In the clearing I looked back at my home once more, knowing the people I cared for most were inside. I breathed in deep and focused as I turned back around and lifted my head to the star filled sky.
I let the bright yellow light engulfed me.

"Let's go friend." I whispered to myself as the light stretched around me, releasing my dragon as we shot off into the sky. I just hoped everything would work out well. 

(A/N: I'll be updating this one slowly to start. But once I end the first book I'll focus mostly on this one. )