Two Queens

I couldn't walk well the next day and opted for staying in bed with Hoseok. The only thing I complained about was that he was pulled away from me for about an hour in the morning, and then for three hours in the late afternoon into evening. I pouted but I knew there was no helping it, sure I was his wife now but he was a King, the people and the needs of the kingdom came first.
I was just glad to have Pearl to keep me company the next day when he devoted his day to his work- Taking off again to rule a whole country- and stop a bunch of rebels from destroying more of this beautiful land. 

"Come on, I'm tired of sitting here doing nothing." Pearl suddenly stated as she had one of her handmaids help her to her feet. She took my hand and led me with her out of her room and down through the halls to the library. "We're going to do some more research." She stated.

"We.... What?" I asked as I raised my brow at her. She smiled as we entered the large three floor tower room wall to wall with books.

"We're going to do some research. I'm tired of them always running off to try and save the world. We're Queens right?" She wasn't really asking but I felt the need to nod in response. "Well then we should be fucking acting like it." She stopped suddenly and put one hand over her mouth and then rubbed her large rounded belly. "I'm sorry baby... mommy said a bad word. Never repeat it." She said as she hummed and then got back to her thoughts. "Right, so we're Queens. We can do stuff other than sit on our Aah uh butts. Our butts." I giggled at how she was censoring herself lately, this was a new thing since she read in some book Iredia gave her that dragonlings had good hearing in the womb once they reach the second half of development in the womb.

"Alright, well clearly you have a plan or you wouldn't have dragged me here for no reason." I looked at her and she continued to scan over the books neatly on the wall in front of us. "You didn't drag me in here for no reason did you?" I asked, now a little worried she had let her emotions and desire to help others take over her.

"Of course I have a plan. I just.. don't know how to execute it... exactly." She bit her bottom lip as she spoke, a nervous habit that we had in common.

"Okay well why don't we start with the outcome we want. We both want to help our husbands... and the other Kings who we can now call brothers. So... how can we help them?" I presented the question to her.

"Well I don't know exactly.. the list of things we can't do is more obvious." She replied and then her eyes went wide. "Right.. we know what we can't do. That can help us determine what we CAN do. Right?"

"Right." I nodded. "So what can't do is help them fight. Sure, we're full dragons but you're pregnant and I have no idea how to control the whole shifting thing between me and the dragon in me. Hell I don't even know how to communicate with her half the time." I responded.

"Don't worry about that, you shifted not too long ago. Your dragon is most likely tired, she'll speak once she's feeling more energised. Or when you and Hoseok.... Well... you know." She gave me a cheeky grin and a wink. I shook my head and smiled at her. "Okay so we can't fight, we can't travel to the villages and help because that's too risky. I really wish I knew how Nole was doing." I looked at her slightly confused.

"Nole?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's a village that got raided. Joon and I showed up in time to help them get their village back from rebels. It was only a small group of them though. They wanted the lumber the Village could supply and pretty much destroyed half the village. But the people were kind, and even though they were scared they stayed strong. It was really admirable." She spoke about the people so fondly.

"These were people you met when you went on the tour with Namjoon?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"Yeah, I saw some people in need too. Yet they smiled, and were showing happiness despite things around them being in rubble." I sighed. "There's got to be things we can do... I wonder if we can find out if supplies got to those villages?"