A New Home

After I was more properly introduced to everyone, I spent most of the afternoon getting a tour from Jungkook and Taehyung. The two youngest Kings. It's strange.. in the fairy tales it's always one King who loved his kingdom, and maybe one other King who was bent on destroying it. But the two informed me that for a very long time their families have ruled this country, which was the largest continent on this planet. I was told that it was believed the dragon gods blessed seven houses that represented the seven gods. Each was given a special gift on top of the gifts already given to all dragons. I listened, interested in the story and history of this place. Hearing about how the palace was in far worse shape after the war they had seemed impossible. It was a beautiful structure, and looked well taken care of. I did notice parts that were still managed, but workers were not fixing these parts.

"Why aren't there workers fixing the palace though?" I asked as I walked between the two down another long corridor.

"Because it's not important." Jungkook said softly.

"If we ask the workers to fix every little thing here at the palace, just so we can have a nice big home that's in great condition- that would make us no better leaders than those that started the great war. Our workers are needed in the villages and the bigger towns. Our people come first." Tae answered like any respectable person in his position would. Once my tour with the two was over and I'd seen most of the palace, I was walked back to the parlor room. It was a nice room with a Piano, a harp and a few books scattered on some tables, a nice fireplace and comfy looking chairs. Jungkook left Tae and I at the doors into the room, inside waiting was Pearl. She was reading something in one of the big comfy looking chairs. Tae immediately went over to the harp as Pearl motioned for me to join her in the chair opposite of her. I sat down and Tae began to play, I watched as his fingers strummed over each long string, like a composer commanding a whole band to play- yet this was one person.

"He plays for me in the evenings here before dinner. The music calms the baby, I think he or she really likes their Uncle Tae already." Pearl beamed with a light chuckle. I looked back at Tae who seemed to have heard and was now sporting a cute shy smile. It made me giggle a bit.

"I'm glad you're well. And happy... that's the most important thing." I said turning back to Pearl.

"It's different here, and things are strange but it's... it's beautiful."

"Yeah the palace is amaz-"

"No, I meant.. not just the views Sapph. I mean everything. From the people, the change, being a dragon. All of it is wonderful." Pearl cut me off but I didn't understand fully what she was saying.

"It's been a long flight, despite me not remembering most of it- But I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Being a dragon? I mean.. I know we're supposed to change a bit to accommodate and be able to carry kids but..." I again was cut off by her, this time it was a giggle.

"No, you become a dragon. Maybe not like me. I'm different and I don't know why exactly but it feels nice. It feels good to always feel safe. Not just with Namjoon in my case, but I feel like I can protect myself and even others." She said calmly as she rubbed her hand over her baby bump. She looked happy, content. If she was a dragon and felt safe, then I was more than happy for her.

We spent a little more time talking, she filled me on the next step. My unification to Hoseok, who I didn't see at all till dinner that night. We all sat around the dinner table and ate, chatting about... well mostly me.

"So any family? Friends?" The oldest King, Jin asked.

"No.. no family." I said softly as I shook my head.