Brightest Day

I awoke once more to voices. This time the voices were more strained, speaking frantically.

"get out."

"But..."

"You're not allowed to see her till later."

"But Sister..."

"No. now get out before you wake her."

"I just need one moment... one kiss, please!"

"NO!"

A door was shut and I jolted up at the sound. Pearl stood at the end of my bed, a bright smile on her face as she rubbed her belly.

"Good morning special lady." She giggled. "Sorry, your husband to be decided to get clingy." She grinned.

"So you kicked him out, and slammed the door?" I smirked at her as I rubbed my eyes gently, trying to wake myself up more.

"Well... the slam was an accident, sometimes I don't know my own strength." She giggled, I chuckled along and nodded to her. Just then the door opened and my attendants entered with a tray of food and my dress.

"Good morning my Lady." Trissa said softly as she slid the tray of food along the bed, closer to me.

"Eat up, it's a big day today. Lots to do and you're going to need your strength." Pearl spoke gently with a bright smile. I nodded and started to pick at my tray of food, as usual it was delicious.

"I know." I replied to her.

"Once you're out of the bath and all dressed we'll go over some things and then you'll head out to the garden for the first part. Just don't be nervous. It will mostly be women and children attending for the first part." I knew she was trying to ease my nerves, and normally it would have worked. However I was nervous as hell, mostly my head was filled with all the ways I could fuck this whole day up. Stepping on my dress and falling on my face was the least worrisome of the things my head was able to come up with.

Accidentally tripping up the steps and falling into the Elder Dragon would be doing the ceremony-

Forgetting the prayer or anything really-

Pricking my finger too hard in my nervousness-

Drinking all of the liquid we're supposed to share without giving Hoseok any-

There were many ways to make a fool of myself. What if the people attending didn't want me to be their new Queen? What if they started to throw food at me in protest? Oh my god... what if someone tried to assassinate me?

I knew I was being stupid, maybe I'd watched to many period piece dramas that ended badly. I just couldn't stop the worry from effecting me. I was starting to feel some pain in my body but that been happening for the past few days on and off. It wasn't too bad, but it was a little more present now.

"Sapphire?" Pearl's voice reached my ears and I was able to focus again.

"Hm?" I replied.

"Something wrong? You alright? You were kind of gone for a moment there." She smiled softly as she rubbed my upper arm. I nibbled on the last bit of food and smiled while nodding.

"I'm okay. Just a little pain in my legs." I replied after swallowing the last bit of breakfast.

"Ah, it will get worse after the ceremony. And you might be in pain for a while- a few weeks maybe. It's your body going through the transformation- you're becoming a dragon slowly. It starts when we first have sex with our Dragon mates. I was in a lot of pain, but Mother Kirsa and Mother Iredia comforted me." She smiled while recalling her experience. "I'll have Jimin bring you some oils, your handmaids can help you apply them... or Hoseok." She winked before continuing, I rolled my eyes and smiled. "He can also help you... sex, love making helps ease the pain because he's giving part of himself to you. Least that's how I saw it." She giggled a bit.