Sleepless

(Sapphire's POV)

Two more nights of lack of sleep came and went. Both nights I ended up begging for some sort of fix, that fix came by way of Mr. Right. Sex was a good fix, sex with Mr. Right was an okay fix. After he left me alone on my bed, naked and panting though.... I always felt empty. There was nothing to the gentle slow sex he gave me. Sure, in the moment it was fine. I could close my eyes and imagine anyone I wanted to. It made no difference and as long as I got some relief and it made me relax, even for a few minutes. I often wondered why I had these nightmares, these night terrors. I don't know when they began, I just know that ever since I was a young teen I have always suffered with them. Before there were things to make it bearable. However the past three months I've been pushed into this drought of sleepless nights. At most I got 3 hours. Once in a while I could get 4, but nothing past that. Coffee and maybe a few cat-naps are the only thing that kept me going.

Which is why I was here, at the same coffee shop I always liked to go on my way to work. Sitting at a table by the window, just people watching at 8am. People getting off to work, children playing and being drug around by their parents. The only difference in this routine was that I got a bagel with my coffee. Which was not completely unusual, it was just rare. As I sat there staring out the window I got that feeling, you know the one you get when someone is standing behind you. I turned around but the only thing behind me was an older couple two tables down. I shook it off and decided to head to work, not that it made a difference.

When I entered the building I did my usual, went to the dressing room area, set my bag down and laid on the sofa with my phone, listening to music as I thought about taking a nap. I didn't feel tired, which was most likely due to the coffee. I noticed my cup was actually empty and got up to throw it away, that's when I heard some voices. I went back out to the hallway and looked around the corner to the back exit. Mr. Lee was standing there with Hoseok.

"It's good your dragon's awake, but you know you can't let anyone know you're here." Mr. Lee said.

"I know, don't worry about it. I just did some digging to find out who those guys were." Hoseok replied.

"It's dangerous for you to do that, Majesty." Mr. Lee replied... wait.. majesty? I watched a little more closely, this time really trying to listen it. "You know this. If you ask too much they will find out who you are. You're putting yourself at risk and I can't allow you to do that." He added.

"Lee, do you really think you could prevent me from helping you?" Hoseok asked him with a smile on his face. How could he look so good this early in the morning.

"I know you won't listen, and I have no right to tell you what to do. Please don't think I don't appreciate what you're trying to do my King. But Understand I have a duty too, and it's to keep you safe while you're here." Mr. Lee had his hand on Hoseok's shoulder, patting it gently as he spoke.

"I..." Hoseok seemed to sniff at the air and then looked directly at me.

"Sapphire?" Mr. Lee said as he walked towards me. "Another bad night?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around my smaller frame. I nodded against him, Mr. Lee always made me feel safe. Though he could never take the nightmares away.

"Sorry for interrupting your conversation." I spoke softly. Mr. Lee gave me a squeeze then released me from his embrace.

"Non-sense. Come, let's get some food in us shall we?" He said as he motioned behind him and while keeping me close we walked out to the club and into the kitchen. I leaned against one of the metal counters, Hoseok was on the other side doing the same. I felt his eyes on me, but it wasn't a bad thing. I felt oddly calm and.... Warm.