Picking Up The Pieces

(Sapphire's POV)

I didn't really have time to go over and sort through what Ruby had said on the phone. I knew a few things and they were the important stuff. My friends were in danger, Mr. Lee's place was going to burn, and Hoseok was in there with them. I felt a familiar tightening in my chest again and paused for a moment as I stood near my apartment door. I couldn't go down there in just my pajama shorts and tank top, I needed a jacket and a weapon. I rushed over into the living space where I kept an old chest that belonged to my mother or so I'd been told. I unlocked it and flung it open, looking for just the thing I needed. A 9mm handgun that I bought after... after something in my past made me feel like I was never safe. Here I was kneeling on the floor, opening the case it was concealed in, I rummaged for the extra box of ammo I had and loaded up the clip. I put the safety back on and carried it with me as I grabbed a jacket and tossed it on over my pajama clad body. I slipped on my sneakers and grabbed my keys before I rushed out of the building, hiding the gun in the jacket pocket as best as I could.

 I pulled my cell phone out to check what time Ruby called me, luckily it hadn't been very long so I might actually be of some use. I flung open the front door to the apartment building and headed right, running down the sidewalk. I guess running every morning would pay off today. I turned the corner and had to wait to cross at the lights. I breathed in deep and lightly jogged across to the other side once the walk light came on. I continued down the sidewalk and saw the building in sight, a few street lights outside by the club were out. I took in a deep breath as my run turned to a jog, then to a brisk walk. I stopped at the front doors, hearing the yelling outside. Knowing this neighborhood no one would call the police for the noise emanating from the building. I couldn't lose my nerves now, I needed to help. This was my home, and right now I was the only one here with hopefully the ability to scare these creeps off. I took the gun out of my jacket pocket and flicked the safety off. I cocked it and inhaled a deep breath, slowly exhaling as I closed my eyes for a moment to try and focus. Mentally I was telling myself this would be fine, all would go well here. I had nothing to fear. I couldn't show fear, now was the time to be tough.

I stepped forward and opened the doors. I tried to not focus on what I was seeing, it was also hard to tell what I was seeing. Mr. Lee was fighting with two guys to the right near the bar. To my left one of our wolf bouncers was being tossed into the air and landed on one of the tables. The other two wolves present were punching a guy back and forth between the two of them while one was standing on another guy who seemed to be knocked out. Straight ahead of me was Hoseok, hair damp with sweat and blood, a cut above his brow. He was taking on two guys while three laid at his feet crumpled up in pain, holding parts of their bodies. The way it looked all of them were getting exhausted, and if forced to continue fighting they could get sloppy. Sloppiness would only end in them getting hurt more. I raised the gun over my head and fired it, grabbing everyone's attention as I stared straight at the demon who landed a punch to Hoseok's gut. I recognized him as the one who kept trying to get Mr. Lee to agree to some deal or sell the place. I kept my face straight, only showing my displeasure in the events taking place. He smirked, his teeth bloody from either losing a tooth or just being punched in the mouth one too many times. I lowered my arm with the gun in my hand and pointed it straight at him now.

"The police are on their way. You really have only two options here... either stay and try to explain what the hell is going on here and why you're little blue friend over there is in fact blue. And why you're spiked buddy over to my right is, well... spikey." I said with a stern tone."Unless you have some great cover story I think option two might be better."

"Oh? And what's that sweetheart?" The one I recognized said as he continued to smirk at me. I heard Hoseok growl behind him.

"Simple.... Get the hell out of here, and DON'T come back." I replied.