Sweet Returns

(Hoseok's POV)

We were heading over to Fern for a check in. The rebels had been dealt with, Yoongi and Jin did most of the brunt work. They claimed Joon and I had too much to live for, we couldn't get hurt, our Queens would have their heads. It made me laugh, to think my girl would be so harsh to my brothers. I knew she wouldn't, but she might certainly bitch them out. I liked that about her, that wild in her eyes. We were nearing Fern when we noticed some Woodsman carrying a carriage of wood from the forest. They were talking rather excitedly, one of them telling the other something. Namjoon and I rode up front, slowly catching up to them.

"I'm telling you it's true! He saw it with his own eyes!" The man pulling the right side of the cart along said.

"Nah, don't believe it for a second. Humphry's a drunk, a cad! I bet he'd say he saw a black dragon with blue wings, pink nose, and a white tail with yellow spots if you let him drink enough of that cider." The other man laughed.

"Sirs... What's this nonsense story?" Namjoon asked as we trotted up beside the men on our horses. Our guards behind us all in line. The two men looked at us and quickly dropped the cart and bowed.

"Majesties, we're sorry to have offended you." The younger one with dark hair that was thinning on the top of his head said.

"No need to bow like that gentlemen. You didn't offend. I believe King Namjoon asked what you were talking about." Jin asked them as he joined us up front of the line.

"My Kings... it was a tale a friend told me of early this morn. He was down by the river, he was delivering goods to the palace that the Queen mothers had requested. Well, he saw a dragon my Kings. A beautiful yellow dragon with a splash of soft orange along her tail and talons. He swears it's the new Queen, he swears he saw her land and change, and that Queen Pearl was also there, and she was one too, which we'd already heard those rumors... he meant no ill will of course. And I don't think the rumors of Queen Pearl being a full Dragon are harmful or meant in a bad way either." The man was shaking, like he was commiting a crime for speaking of his Queens. I got off my horse and approached them.

"Good Sir, You're not speaking ill of your Queens with these rumors. I think they're quite good." I said with a smile.

"Besides, Queen Pearl is a full Dragon. Strong and worthy of her title don't you think?" Namjoon added.

"Of course Majesties." They replied.

"When you speak of both Queens being full Dragons, it's an honor to your Queens. I'm sure they would love to hear what the people say if these are the things being said." Namjoon added.

"I don't know if Queen Sapphire is a full Dragon Sirs, we we've been in battle... as you can see. But I assure you if my wife, your Queen is a full Dragon... well it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I knew she special the moment I saw her." I said to them before giving them a pat on the back and shaking their hands. They showed gratitude, and I got back on my horse as my brothers and I made our way to Fern.

"Do you think what they said is true?" Yoongi asked.

"We'll know when we return home tomorrow." I replied. I couldn't wait to be back home with my girl.

(Sapphire's POV)

Pearl and I stayed in the same room, she was becoming more uncomfortable at night and with Namjoon gone she's been more restless according to her handmaids. I didn't mind staying with her, I was kind of lonely too with Hoseok gone. So much had happened, I was feeling more alive than ever.

"I can hear the fish!" I shouted as I sat on the edge of the pond in the garden. Jungkook sat beside me chuckling at my excitement. We'd spent all morning walking around the palace as I was trying out my new and clearly improved senses. Jungkook found it amusing as every time I pointed something out he laughed or chuckled at me. I didn't care though I was having blast listening in on some palace kitchen staff who were whispering on the other side of the dinning room, everything I tasted was a hundred times better, and just prior to Jungkook and I sitting by the pond I spent a good twenty minutes smelling the flowers that seemed to smell so much sweeter now.