Sapphire

"One... Two... Three... This is bullshit." Peri huffed like the man-child he was. He hated these late night intakes but we had to do it. God knows enough things have gone wrong around here lately, since she left....

"Saph. Can you go get me another crate of the 76's" Tourmaline asked me softly. I nodded, again I was her do-bitch. Not that I minded, it wasn't any inconvenience on me and I honestly had nothing better to do. I made way into the back and down the stairs to the cellar where Mr. Lee kept all the wine and other booze related items. I leaned down, searching for the 76's Tour wanted and when my eyes finally scanned over the right label I plucked the create up and made my way back up to the bar. I set the crate down on the end of the bar and smirked at the sight I was seeing. Peri bent over in clearly overly tight leopard print pants.

"You know, if you bend over just a little bit more I think we might actually be able to see your black hole." I shot at him and he jumped up and looked at me with a slight glare. "I mean at very least when those suckers rip we're getting a shot of the matching panties right?" I grinned as the words left my lips. He however, he didn't think my taunts were amusing.

"Alright, har har har. Let's make fun of the green haired guy with leopard print on tonight." He replied and turned more to point his index finger at me. "Look here blue, you know very well why I wore this. That damn gorgeous vamp lady has a kink for animal print and I get boku bucks for making an ass of myself dressed like this." He spat as he was clearly on the defensive.

"I know, Hell I've worn a PVC suit to appease someone. I'm not knocking the look. Just thinking maybe next time don't go two sizes too small. Your junk is clearly defined." I answered and he looked down at his crotch.

"Hey we're not complaining." Tour said as she placed an empty crate next to the one I brought up.

"Well you know you can-"

"Gross okay, we said you have a nice looking package in those pants. No one said they wanted to fuck you." Tour quickly cut Peri off and he just stood there with his mouth open. I laughed at his expression and Tour grinned as she grabbed the crate of 76's. "Thanks for this doll-face." She softly said to me as she passed by.

"No problem Goldie locks." I giggled as she tossed her long blonde hair over her shoulder more.

"I swear, you girls are so mean to me." Peri pouted a bit. I leaned over the bar a bit and looked at him sympathetically.

"I know, it must suck to be you. Surrounded by us day in and day out. You have such a rough life, pookie." My words laced with sarcasm as he grinned at me. I raised my brow at him and grabbed one of the rags that was just draped over the bar counter. I turned and started to wipe down the bar counter and then the tables. Peri huffed as he continued counting the bottles of sangria.

The night was long and boring but we got done what needed to get done and that's all that mattered. After locking up Tour and I walked along the streets to our apartment building. Once inside my apartment I tossed my keys into the little basket I had hanging by the door and went right to my bedroom and crashed. I was too tired to remove my clothes and shoes. As drained as I was feeling I reached for my blanket and covered myself... mostly.

"Fuck... my... life..." I muttered to myself sleepily as I tried to fluff up my pillows to get comfy. It was then I sat something out my window. I very bright yellow light streaked across the sky, shooting star maybe? I silently made a wish to become a new person and leave this life behind. It only took seconds from the time my head finally rested on my pillows and my eyes closing for me to pass out.

It was the same nightmare. I was running from him again... that person. I opened the door and try to find some place to hide. My heart racing, pounding out of my chest. I could hear it, feel it in throat even. But there's nowhere to hide here, it's an empty room with just a bed.... The horrors that bed contained. I had to hide, the bed was the only place to hide. So I dove onto the bed and got under the covers, that's when I hear him enter the room. He crawls onto the bed and pulls at the blanket, trying to find me. Suddenly there's blood, I never know where it's coming from but there's blood, and when I look up... he's staring at me with those cold dead eyes of his, his eyes filled with hate and desire. I try to move back but come in contact with the cold wall. He grabs my wrists and throws me back down onto the bed, climbing up between my legs. I know what's coming... I know what he does... and I scream.

Panting, I jolt up from my sleep. I glance at the clock to see only 3 hours have passed since I got home. I huff, wiping the sweat from my forehead. Laying back down I stare at my ceiling.

"Great.... Fucking... great."

I tried to sleep again, but as per usual I ended up getting up, showering and making myself eggs, toast, and bacon. After my breakfast I check the time. 7am. I put on my jogging pants and hoodie, slipping on my running shoes I grab my phone, keys, and lock up behind me. The morning air chilly and damp I pull up the hood and put in my ear phones as I flick through my phone. Pressing play on my spotify playlist I start my morning jog.
After a nice jog around the block I headed to the bar. Turning into the ally next to the bar I came to a stop and turned off my music, stuffing my phone back into my hoodie. I took my keys out, breathing heavily still and unlocked the back door to the bar. I walked down the hall and heard some laughter and talking coming from upstairs. I figured Lee was up there with a client or something and made my way to the dressing room area. I grabbed a bottle of water and opened it, chugging it down faster than I probably should have. I sat down at one of the vanity tables and rested my head on my arm as I leaned on the table, still nursing the bottle of water.

"I thought I heard someone come in." I heard the familiar gruff voice behind me and turned to him with a smile.

"Hey Mr. Lee." I gave a slight wave with the water bottle in my hand still.

"Another bad night?" He asked as he walked closer to me. I simply nodded. He knew my issues, he's seen them. He saved me from one of them. "I'd offer you a place to sleep here but.. the apartment is in use again and I.. well I suppose you could nap on my couch in my office." He said. I shook my head at him.

"No it's okay. If I need to nap, I'll just nap in here." I replied as I lifted myself more, taking another sip from the water bottle.

"Alright, just don't overwork yourself." Mr. Lee added as he gave me a smile and left me be. I smiled at him as he exited the room. I spent a good portion of the morning just looking at meaningless things on my phone. It was 10:49am when I decided to put on some music and dance around the dressing room, knowing no one would be in for at least 3-4 more hours. After my horrible dancing fit around the dressing room, I plopped down on the sofa and closed my eyes, I was out within maybe 10 seconds. I hated that it had to come to that, that I had to run myself into the ground before I could sleep without a dream.

"Saph.... Saph." I was being gently shaken awake by a familiar soft voice. I opened my eyes to be greeted by a blurry figure. Sitting up I began to rub my eyes. Finally having a clearer vision I was greeting by a smiling light Purple haired cutie.

"Hey Amethyst." I said groggily. She giggled and patted my head before walking over and getting me a bottle of water.

"Here, drink up and you can get yourself ready. I'll have the kitchen make you something to eat first though." She spoke her soft usual tone. I swear she was a gift from heaven, an angel sent to help us all repent for our sins. I watched her walk out of the dressing room, her shoulder length hair bouncing lightly. She was too pure for this place, for all of us. Ever since she came here, brought in by Mr. Lee.... I knew from the moment she spoke she was too good for the likes of us. I sighed deeply and opened the bottle of water, sipping from it as I saw bright red flash by me.

"Shit... shit... SHIT!" I heard as the red haired Ruby rummaged through her bag at one of the vanity stations.

"Something up Rubes?" I asked, half interested in what has her freaking out.

"I think I lost a bracelet I got from this slimmy client like 4 weeks ago. He hasn't been in here since but he's back here now and I don't think I have it anymore. Or I left it at home... but I usually leave gifts from clients here in case they come in. I can slip back here and slip it on, it makes them think I'm always thinking of them... thus higher tips." She ranted and I nodded along with her words.

"Have you asked Mr. Lee? Maybe the cleaning crew found it and left it with him?" I said and she whipped around, rushing towards me she kissed my cheek.

"You are a genius! I love you Saph!" She cheered as she bolted back out the door.

"Love you too Rubes!" I yelled after her with a chuckle. She was always losing things, and I was usually the one to help her think of places she hadn't looked. Really we were all like that. Pieces of a puzzle that was damaged and used. All of us having our pasts that were not kind to us, yet Mr. Lee saved us all and gave us hope. Letting us into a world we didn't know existed, a world where not only did we fit in, but a world where we found our damaged little family. Honestly I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. But where's rain... there's often thunder.