The Nearly Abandoned Village Pt 2

(Hoseok's POV)

I listened as the elder Brawns told his story. How their village had taken a lot of damage, not just in the war but in the aftermath. Rebels had been trying to purge the mountains for months, and this village was no exception to that, it was at the base of the mountains on the coast. Perfect for docking rebel ships and the mines to the east would prove useful as well. Many were killed in the war, those who were left didn't fair well against the rebels though. The last remaining Brawns family had been supplying the remaining people with their crops, so they could live. They've managed quite well so far, except that rebel sighting have been more frequent.

"They docked recently, about thirty rebels got off the ship. My guess is only three to five men stayed on the ship. It wasn't a very big ship." He said.

"Majesty, your carriages have been retrieved. Lady Sapphire is well." One of my guards interupted, I nodded to him.

"Majesty, we have room here for you." An older woman said softly as she stepped out from behind a tall muscular man. I nodded to her.

"Thank you. Everett, you can continue your story." I replied. The eldest Brawns son nodded.

"We... my brother and I followed them one day. They have an outpost near the old mines to the east. I would have tried to close the mines on them.. but Majesty, I have to look after my brother- he's... he's not full grown yet." He had a look of disappointment on his face, another look we all knew well. My brothers in rule felt disappointed in ourselves daily. How could we help our people, we weren't helping our people as well as we thought. These tours were reminding us that our land is bigger than us, that we don't know our own kingdom as well as we thought we did.

The door opened and I instantly smiled, my arms opened to her as she stood there. My beautiful Sapphire, she was wearing an expression of worry. Ah, humans worry so easily... I admit I liked it.

"There's my girl." I said softly, she came to me swiftly. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me. She always smelled so good, my dragon and I both drinking in her scent. I released her and turned her to face our people.

"This is Lady Sapphire, my mate." I said loud enough for the remaining villagers to hear in the Inn. They bowed to her, giving my girl the same respect they give me. I wanted them to love her, to see how amazing she was. I smiled and held her close to me, then looked at Everett again.

"My men will follow you to your farm, we'll see if we have anything that could be of use to you. We have wood and other building supplies. My men will go over it with you, and I will leave five men here to help rebuild. As long as that's alright of course." I spoke to him, he nodded and a small smile spread on his face.

"Majesty, that would be wonderful." He said. Two of my men escorted him and his brother out of the Inn. Sapphire and I were led to our room were we finally had some quiet time alone.

(Sapphire's POV)

"I was worried you know." I said softly as Hoseok was removing his boots. He smiled and reached his hand out for me. I placed my smaller hand in his larger hand and he pulled me onto his lap. I smiled as he gently rubbed his head against my arm.

"I'm sorry if I worried you. You know nothing could keep me from you. I have every intention of making you fully mine before I give myself over to death." He grinned. I giggled a bit and nudged him gently with my arm.

"Oh, so just till we do that Uniting thing huh?" I teased. He smirked and shook his head.

"No my girl, you are stuck with me for a very long time." He chuckled lightly and I nodded and placed a kiss on his cheek.