Home Healing

The lanterns outside the palace were lit, and everything seemed still. Two guards standing at the entrance to the Palace, while two groups of four armored men walked around the grounds in opposing directions. The carriage came to a halt right outside the front steps, the gavel crunched under the horses steady hooves. They earned a rest, they ran for four days with few stops. Yet they didn't show any sign of being tired. The guards with us escorted myself and Hoseok inside the palace, it was late and we did our best not to wake anyone.

Hoseok walked with me down to the room I'd been given, he leaned against the door frame and gave me the look he'd been giving me since I teased him. Of course over the past four days I'd only teased him more. Making him wait to touch me again, which was not the kind of person I was. I wanted him as much as he wanted me- yet it was different now, it wasn't about needing sex to feel wanted anymore, not like I'd done before. I didn't have a need for that anymore. I was worth more than that to him and I felt that. It hit me hard, and it made me feel good about myself.

Sure, the sex was amazing and I wanted it- but I wanted to hold off, I figured it wouldn't hurt to wait till this Unity thing. It was suppose to be some big deal, so wouldn't us not having sex just make that night so much better? That's how I thought, and I told him that. He agreed though he did growl lowly at the idea at first.

We said goodnight to each other I slipped into my room as he made his way back to his. Trissa and Jenna helped me with a bath and into a fresh night gown. I crawled into bed as both girls curtsied and lowered their heads to me.

"Good night my Lady." They said in unison. I smiled

"G'night." I replied before settling down under the covers. As I heard them shut the door behind them as they left the room my eyes shut and fell into dreams.

I woke up to voices, Pearl was in my room with my attendants, she was having them set my food down on the other side of the bed. They noticed I had opened my eyes only seconds later.

"M'Lady." Both women said in unison. Pearl just smiled.

"Well good morning sleepy." She giggled softly as she sat down on the edge of my bed. Her belly had grown more since we left, although we weren't gone for as long as planned.

"Good morning, how'd you know we were back?" I asked.

"Because my morning cuddles were interrupted by an excited Taehyung. Which is a rare thing anyway, so I couldn't be mad. So Namjoon and I went to welcome him back." She grinned a bit "I was surprised not to find you in his bed though." She wiggled her brows at me and I laughed at her.

"We're waiting till that Unity thing." I replied.

"Ah, we're going old fashion huh? Nice." She patted my leg as she spoke. "Hoseok told us you ran into some trouble while away. First rebels outside of a town, and then they tried to light up the Inn you were staying at? Namjoon and I didn't have that kind of trouble on our tour." She chewed on her bottom lip a but, but I noticed it was more out of care than worry. Pearl would usually be worried about this kind of thing yet she wasn't. "Most likely because I was unexpected. I bet those stupid rebels are just angry that the Kings are finding their mates. It makes sense. With a mate means there are bound to be dragonlings, which secures the future." She smiled and rubbed her hand over her growing belly.

"It does make sense, I was scared to be honest. I mean.. an arrow that was on fire busted through the Inn window and set the bed on fire." I recalled that night.

"Well, what matters is that you're fine. Which I know you will be, Hoseok won't let anything bad happen. And soon, you'll be a dragon.... And speaking of. We need to get you prepped for your Unity ceremony." She pushed the tray of food over towards me on the bed. "Hurry and eat, we need to go see Mother Iredia and Mother Kirsa in the library." I nodded at her words and scooped the tray up, setting it on my lap. She turned to my attendants and ordered them to draw me a warm bath and prep a dress for me. I ate the strange fruit on my plate, it was sweet and refreshing.