The Nearly Abandoned Village pt. 1

We awoke with one more round the next morning before heading off to explore on our last day in Mountains Peak. It was a cooler day than yesterday so Hoseok and I wore thicker outfits- My dress a long sleeved yellow gown with white lace around the cuffs and lining of the dress. Hoseok had on a thicker tunic top that was a brighter yellow with matching pants. We visited the orphanage which housed very few children, I only counted five children. Not that it was a bad thing to have very few kids, but in this case the low number was due to children being sick and not getting what they needed on time. It was horrible and my heart ached for the women who ran the orphanage.

Hoseok asked if it was okay to transport some children from orphanages in other villages to Mountains Peak, as they had room. The seven women who ran things agreed with excited expressions, I could tell these women really cared for these kids and the children there were happy looking and while they didn't have much in the way of things, they looked well taken care of under these circumstances.

"I want to get them clothes.. and toys. They have nothing, maybe some books." I said to Hoseok as we walked down the path leading back out to the shops. He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I knew you'd want to help them. There's a book store right up here, we'll go in and see what we can find. Then we'll get them some other things. Is that something you want to do?" He planned out and asked me with a warm smile. I nodded happily, something about those innocent eyes looking at me made me want to give them everything I had so of course I was happy Hoseok agreed to it.

We entered the book shop first and I released my hold on Hoseok's arm to look around, plucking children's books from the shelves and carrying them. I was looking at more when one of the guards with us came over and offered out his arms.

"My Lady, please- let me carry those for you." He said softly with a smile. I looked at all the books in my hand and nodded, then carefully handed them over. I figured I'd picked out enough and we returned to the older couple who ran the shop. Both happily taking coin that Hoseok offered over, I had a feeling he had given them more than needed from the shocked but happy smiles on their faces as they bowed to him repeatedly.

"You gave them more than needed." I said to him as we left the book shop. He chuckled and nodded.

"Guilty." He replied simply, a warm bright smile on his face. We stopped at the clothing shop a little ways down and collected various sized clothing. Hoseok kept encouraging me to get more, not that I needed encouragement to pick out clothes. I loaded up two guard's arms with clothing, and once again Hoseok handed over more of the strange money- again giving the shop owner more than what was owed. I wondered why he would do it, I mean sure- I was use to being given large tips for simply being nice but this wasn't earth, this was a different planet with not only two suns but a third sun that didn't seem to realize how much of a sun he was. I caught myself staring at him when we entered a shop that had children's toys. He was looking over some wooden toy carriages and knights and even some dolls made of yarn. He was smiling and handing things to the guards, he was almost glowing with happiness. It made me smile, giving me a nice warm feeling in the pit of my belly and in my heart.

We eventually made it back before late afternoon, handing over all the things we got for the children. The women were so happy they wouldn't stop bowing. I thought we'd never get out of their with the excitement and everything, of course seeing those five happy faces light up when they were given books, and then clothes, and finally toys.. I almost never wanted to leave. I was fine right there, till Hoseok and the guards made it clear we needed to get back on the road if we were going to make it down the other side of the mountain before it got too late.