Refresh

"Wow, looks good." I said as Mr. Lee led me into the club. My eyes scanning over the new entryway that had been put in. The new large dark colored doors had iron bars over the long glass windows in the doors. The framing around the doors had also been changed out to a metal frame. I nodded as I looked it over. Since the break in now two days ago, it's taken us some time to get the place fully cleaned up and ready to open again. It had been a few days since I talked to the new guy too, I had meant to ask him about Pearl, but I guess it slipped my mind. However I did want to know if she was okay, sure we had that communication thing but I didn't want to use. It kind of freaked me out, I think it freaked all of us out... except Mr. Lee obviously.

"Go get ready Sapphire." Mr. Lee's voice came from beside me. I nodded at him with a soft smile.

"Will do, Boss." I grinned and turned, making my way through the doors and back to the dressing room area. I kept on my dark blue skinny jeans and changed out the plain t-shirt I was wearing for a sparkly deep blue halter top. I curled my hair and as I was doing so, Tour came over with her make-up bag.

"You look like shit, so I'm here to save that pretty face of yours." She chimed as she set her make-up bag on the vanity I was seated at. I chuckled at her and tilted my head to the side.

"You're just so sweet to me Tour." I replied. With a smile she took out some cosmetics and waited for me to finish my last curl. I set the curling Iron down and sorted my hair out more as Tour handed me a hair band. I nodded and put it on, pushing the hair around my face back.

"Still not sleeping right, huh baggy." She said softly, with a teasing tone.

"Yeah, it sucks.... Okay it beyond sucks." I responded.

"Just look up for me please." She said and I did as she asked. It took some time but she eventually decided I was presentable. "There we go. You look like your adorable sweet self now." She grinned and removed the hair band. My curls fell and she fixed them a bit and then put her stuff away.

"Thanks." I replied. She just nodded and picked her bag back up.

"No problem, beauty is my thing." She grinned as she turned and walked off. I stared at myself in the mirror. Yeah, I looked good. Tour had the magic touch I guess. Just then Peri walked out of the other side of the dressing room. Decked out in a black slacks and green silky shirt that was unbuttoned quite a ways down, revealing a bit of his chest. I whistled at him as he did a spin.

"You likey?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me as he spoke. I giggled and nodded.

"You look good. I'm sure that vamp lady will be all over you." I said with a smirk. He nodded and fluffed his shirt a bit.

"Yeah, I hope so. Peri is looking to be sucked tonight." He winked and I laughed.

"Better make sure it's the right kind of sucked there buddy." I teased and he blinked for a moment. Then grinned.

"Maybe I don't mind a little bit of both." He winked again and I stood from my seat and shook my head as I passed by him and headed for the door. "What? What did I say?" He said after me and I just ignored it. Not that I had anything against the whole blood sucking thing, if it was consensual, like sex.. then I say go for it. I was happy Peri seemed to have fixed on someone who was just as interested in his corny ass pick up lines as Peri was interested in giving them. It made me chuckle.

I passed through the double doors and stood at the bar next to Ruby, who had poured two shots. She slid one to me and grinned.

"To a new opening night." She spoke as she held her shot glass up to me. I took the glass she passed to me and lifted it in my hand. I clanked it against hers and nodded as we both moved the glasses to our lips and took it down in one gulp. The sting in my throat faded slowly and I set the glass down on the counter. I leaned back against the bar and closed my eyes for a moment.