Fresh Starts

We'd been here a week. A week and things seemed pretty okay, as in no one made any passes at Hoseok that sent me into a blind rage. Sure, things would take time to get use to for everyone- it was a new place after all. I was spending the evening with the girls in the room Amethyst and Emerald shared. All of the rooms were pretty large, all had good sized and comfy beds. I didn't bother unpacking what little I had as I was never going to stay for long. We sat on the beds and had our wine, laughing, remembering good times. It was the way I wanted to spend my last night with them. I wanted another sweet memory to add to the already full compartment in my head. I treasured these moments the most and I didn't know when I'd get to see them again. I smiled softly as I listened to them recalling moments. The time Ruby left Peri in the freezer 'on accident' she insisted, but we all knew that Peri had been a bit cheeky with her and well... Ruby's automatic defense was 'bitch mode'. We laughed, I laughed... I laughed till my cheeks hurt and my mouth felt numb in a forever smile.

They didn't notice it, but I was looking at each of them. Taking in their individual beauty, the shapes of their faces. The way their hair rested against their cheeks. I took it all in, compiled it and saved it in memory. I never wanted to forget anything about them. Not Ruby's cute little freckled cheeks that were barely noticeable, Not the way Emeralds eyes while green had little bits of blue in them when she got laughing too hard, I couldn't forget the way Citrine always drank with her pinky out like some upper class woman from another country who was too important for anyone to forget her, I wouldn't forget how Amethyst always chewed on her bottom lip when she was being talked about- secretly hoping she'd done nothing to upset anyone, And I sure as hell couldn't forget Tourmaline's habit of smelling her hair – her prized possession in her mind that had to be perfect at all times. I would truly miss them to pieces, but at least I would get to see her - my best friend. That night I went back to the room I was sharing with Hoseok, he was in bed reading – waiting with a warm smile. I stumbled a bit, the wine clearly taking effect on me. He held his arms open to me and I wanted to collapse into him but I resisted. He moved after I sat on the bed, he knelled down in front of me and began to take off my slippers that I had worn over to Em and Ames's room. He helped me out of my clothes and into a long t-shirt. He kept my panties on and helped me into bed. We cuddled for a while, he boasted about how much I'd love my new home. How beautiful the whole land was. I listened, until I was covered in that warm feeling that made me often give in to sleep.

When we woke up the next day I made sure to spend time with everyone. We had a nice breakfast together, pretty much it was everyone assuring me that they would be fine – even Peri told me not to worry.

"I just hate to leave you all without.."

"Will you stop worrying. I mean seriously. You're about to go on some epic time travel shit and yet you're worried about us? Stop it." Ruby interrupted me and I giggled at her fake irritation.. or real, sometimes it was hard to tell with her.

"It's not time travel." Hoseok replied and Ruby looked at him slightly confused but didn't press for an answer.

"I just want to be sure you're all going to be okay. I don't know when I'll see you guys again." I finished what I had wanted to say. They all made sure to tell me I was being too obsessive over their well being so they were officially kicking me off the planet. To which we all laughed together one last time.

As the afternoon approached Hoseok and I carried the only two bags I'd packed, plus the three bags Hoseok packed filled with trinkets for his brothers and even something for Pearl- which was so sweet of a gesture when he picked it out for her this week that I could barely keep my hands off of him. He got laid that night. After we said our goodbyes to the others we got in the car that Ava had lent Mr. Lee to take us up the mountain to a clearing where Hoseok could 'do his thing'. He had explained how he'll shift into his dragon and I might feel strange, but I didn't really understand it.