Mountains Peak

After our two day stay in the village, we headed up the mountains to another village. It didn't take too long only about a day for us to ride up. Hoseok and one of the guards had said this village was more in need than the one we visited before which is why we didn't stay too long. As we neared the mountain top we passed by a sign- Mountains Peak Village. The sign looked a bit worn out and I looked at Hoseok, who nodded to me.

"We'll get someone to fix it. it's been damaged, most likely by weather, maybe by a dragon who couldn't control his gift? Either way I'll have it fixed." He said. I smiled.

"I just think even signs should be fixed, makes a place more inviting." I replied. He nodded in agreement and soon we were in the center of a very broken village. Many of the buildings were damaged, and I noticed there weren't a lot of people. Maybe fifteen to twenty that we saw altogether, A man with gray and white hair greeted us as we got out of the carriage. He bowed to Hoseok and to myself with a smile.

"My King, my Lady." He addressed us, I think I might have blushed. It was weird being called a Lady in the way he and others had been calling me. "We're honored to have you here." He added as he lifted himself from the bow he gave to me. He kept his smile on his face as Hoseok looked around.

"I will be sending for the builders." Hoseok said as he nodded to one of the guards.

"We have a group of strong men here who have been trying to repair my King. I'm sure other villages need the builders more than we do. We only have been struggling with supplies Majesty." he said.

"Garret, it was Garret correct?" Hoseok asked the man, who nodded with a smile.

"Yes my King."

"We will supply the village Sir Garret, but please allow me to send at least two builders to help your team of strong dragons." Hoseok's smile was radiant and it seemed from Garret's expression that I wasn't the only one effected by it. Garret nodded and bowed to Hoseok again.

"Thank you, my King. We would most appreciate it." He spoke with gratitude, I could tell he was being sincere and it made me smile. "My Lady, please allow my wife- Estelle to give you a gift." He bowed to me again then looked behind him and waved an older woman over. Her dress was dusty but it was clear she made an effort to make herself look presentable. The yellow in seemed more tan than yellow, but the box in her hand seemed a vibrant orange that caught my eye. The woman was delicate looking, like she hadn't eaten much in a while, her white hair was in a bob cut that barely touched her shoulders- she was an adorable looking older woman though. She handed me the box with a bow, I reached for it and nodded to her as I took it.

"Thank you." I said softly.

"Open it now my Lady." She said with a warm smile. I nodded and lifted the top of the orange box, inside was a beautiful pin of a white and yellow flower. At first it made me think of a sunflower but it looked more on the daisy side. The petals were many and close together, their color a bright yellow with hints of orange near the base of each petal. The tips however were white, or possibly a very pale yellow that looked like white. It was a very pretty pin and I looked at the woman and bowed slightly.

"Thank you, it's beautiful." I said with a smile. Estelle's eyes widened as her smile did.

"You really like it? It was made by our jeweler. He's quite gifted. We wanted something special for you my Lady, and he had made this pin with the village flower on it. It's called the Mountain glory. You really like it?" She asked, her smile had gotten brighter as she spoke. Her tone was soft but she was clearly happy and excited that I liked the gift.

"Of course. This flower is called Mountain Glory?" I asked, she nodded.

"Yes my Lady. It's a flower that only grows up here on the mountainside. It requires a lot of sunlight and this is the best place for sunlight." She laughed a bit and I giggled along with her.