DECA

I stood in front of the auditorium's double doors, and rocked on my feet. The DECA meeting was in ten minutes, and I would be the latest to join the club. Supposedly, I was taking Flash Gordon's place, and he probably wasn't going to be very happy about it. I had no clue where Peter was, and I didn't want to go in by myself.

"Waiting for an escort?" Michelle asked from behind me.

I let out a sigh of relief as I turned around to face her. 

"I'm just enjoying the lovely view of the stage from the safety of the open double doors," I said with a smile. "I didn't know you're in DECA."

Michelle raised an eyebrow curiously. "Who said I was in DECA?"

She walked right past me and into the auditorium, s I followed close behind. Lucky for everyone who didn't want a sunburn, the stage lights were off, and the room was normally lit. Two rows of tables lined the lip of the stage, and tired students threw their backpacks down. Everyone did this except Michelle, who just went into a corner of the stage, pulled out a book, and began reading.

"(Y/N), I didn't know you'd be here!" Liz said cheerfully as she walked over towards me with open arms.

She gave me a warm hug, and I noticed she smelled like brown sugar. Like, strongly of it, and I wondered whether she was human or just a Greek deity. Me, being the awkward sludge I was, just awkwardly patted her back until she let go.

I was surprised that she still remembered me. I was pretty sure we had a Foods 1 class together the year before, but I never talked to her. Or anyone, really. Instead, I just stole other people's food, and tried not to get caught.

"You still need to see Mr. Harrington, don't you?" Liz realized as she tapped her chin prettily. "He usually doesn't get here until the club actually starts, so would you like to see how DECA works while we wait?"

"Uh, sure?"

She gave me a large white smile. "Okay, great!"

Liz started walking over to the tables, and grabbed a buzzer from a kid that I recalled was named Abe. He would have been offended, but he was too busy snacking on a granola bar to care.

"What did Mr. Harrington say about taking the buzzer off of the tables?" Liz asked as she placed it back in its normal spot.

Abe just swatted at her lazily, and went back to eating.

Liz pulled out a textbook from her bag, and handed it to me. Typically when I saw a textbook, my immediate reaction was to BURN IT WITH FIRE, but it was surprisingly thin and light. What was this sorcery?????

"This is my DECA outline," said Liz, "but you can-"

The auditorium doors must have closed earlier on, because they slammed open with a heavy metal clang, as Peter rushed in. He was a complete mess, as papers flew out of his binder. He chucked all his stuff on the ground, and fixed his currently falling off jacket.

"Sorry Mr. Harrington for being late, but-"

"He's not here yet, Peter!" Liz called out to him. "You're just on time, actually."

Peter sighed and pushed his hair back. When he looked at the stage, our eyes met and I waved at him. His eyes went wide, and he gave me a huge grin.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing here?" he asked excitedly.

"I told you I'd join!" I said as I jumped off the stage to hug him.

Peter must have been working out lately, since I swore his grip on me was a lot tighter. I mean, I couldn't understand why he would just suddenly gain muscle strength, since he never said anything about wanting to do weight training. I mean, I had an excuse for becoming stronger, since I had a superhero lifestyle, but Peter? He was so unpredictable at times!