FRIENDship

(F/A): Favorite actor

Spider-Man was already waiting for me in Rita's Diner, even though I arrived twenty minutes early. It was my fault, really, that I gave myself too much time to get ready, and only took up twenty out of the sixty minutes I had prepared.

After I was in my white dress, tights, shoes, jacket, and mask, I had nothing else to do but wait. I tried rewatching old Brooklyn Nine-Nine episodes, and I listened to music, but nothing could get rid of my nerves.

"Nice bow-tie," I told Spider-Man.

He straightened it as his posture rose. I mean, he actually looked great, with a dark blue tie, red suit jacket, and white shirt. He wore his typical mask, and added a fake mustache, as well. Not even a fancy one that evil French villains wear, but it looked just like the mustache J.J. Jameson at the Daily Bugle had. Speaking of that old fart, he had recently started a mini YouTube channel, and the first video was about his deep passion against Spider-Man and Eurus. It was great to know how much he cared for us youngins!

"Nice dress," Spider-Man told me.

Spider-Man stood up from his seat, and pulled out a chair from underneath the table for me. I graciously took it, and tried my best not to man-spread.

Sitting properly was never something I was great at, nor have I ever strived to fix it. However, I felt the need to be as formal as possible on our very fancy date at a very fancy burger and milkshake joint. 

"Why thank you, my kind sir!" I said in my best British accent. "It 'tis very marvelous of you to wait and get us the best seats in the diner! My food shall be bathed in glorious sunlight in the position we are in."

"I am very glad you enjoy the table chosen, for it had the least crumbs," Spider-Man said in an even worse accent than me.

I grabbed a menu from the center of the table, and read through it. Peter and I had visited a couple times before, although I rarely ate, since we would hang out right before dinner. Typically, I would just bring a few dollars for a soda and called it good.

"Are you lactose intolerant?" Spider-Mam asked me. "I only have, like, fifteen bucks on me, so I thought we could share a milkshake."

"I could be lactose intolerant," I said with a shrug. "It's not gonna stop me from having a milkshake, though."

Spider-Man nodded, then flipped through the milkshake section. I just put my menu backed on the table, and looked around the little diner. It was fairly busy, despite it being 3:00 in the afternoon on a Wednesday. One table seemed oddly suspicious, as someone his behind a large newspaper, although I could see their silhouette through it. He was just staring at us through the newspaper, it felt like, and he had a ridiculously large fedora on.

"Wanna share an Oreo milkshake?" Spider-Man asked me.

"Yeah yeah, sure," I said, still staring at our stalker. "Is it just me, or does it seem like that guy is staring at us?"

"What guy?" Spider-Man looked up, and saw Newspaper Dude. "Oh, that guy."

What was funny about the whole thing, was that the silhouette almost looked like Ned from school. I wanted to ask Spider-Man if he thought the same, but then I realized he might not even know who Ned was in the first place. Plus, I was probably just crazy, and overreacting.

While I thought about it, my phone buzzed. It really wasn't a great time to get texts, but it was from Maria Hill from SHIELD. The message simply said, 'Get to the rest room' and nothing else.

"I need to go use the toilets," I said, standing up. "Sorry, man."

"No problem," Spider-Man, still staring at our stalker.