Homecoming! (Pt. 2)

Kamala's POV

Fanfiction was both the best and worst thing that had ever happened to me. It started out with simple one-shots about Harry Potter, and it just went haywire from there. Now I had at least six accounts on six different fanfiction-based websites, and too many followers on each one. I even had some loyal followers, who would update me on pop culture news.

I kept my computer on my lap as I typed, bobbing my head to music as I wrote. In the chapter I was currently  writing, I really wanted to kill off one of the side characters, Heather. I knew she was going to have to disappear sometime in the story, and now that I knew people have grown attached to her, it was time that she died. 

Man, ripping out the hearts of twelve year-olds I have never met was so fun.... And George R.R. Martin got paid to do this type of stuff?

My phone began to buzz, and the sweet, sweet tune of Carry On My Wayward Son began to play. I put my Spotify playlist on hold, and answered Meghan's call.

Meghan was the only teenager I knew that wouldn't text other people. She said she felt more comfortable being able to hear whoever she's talking to, which only made her sound like a paranoid soccer mom. Meghan was constantly talking, and sharing snippets of information with whoever she thought needed it (again, she was basically just a soccer mom in the making), which was why everyone called her Shut Your Mouth Meg.

"What's up?" I said, closing my laptop.

"Are you on Streamz right now?" Meghan asked, sounding a bit panicked.

"Of course not. Why would I?"

"You need to check out Dianna Santiago-Cruz's livestream right now," Meghan insisted. "I already called the police, but--"

"The police?" I repeated. "What in the name of Jared Padalecki is going on?"

Meghan sighed and just said, "Go log on, okay?"

I put her on speaker, and pulled up my Streamz app. Most people I knew had the app, but I never created streams on it. A lot of popular actors and YouTubers would occasionally use it to advertise specific events, since it was much easier that way, compared to YouTube livestreams, or whatever the heck it is that Instagram does. I rarely used the app, but I would watch some celebrities if I needed to procrastinate.

"What's Dianna's username?" I asked.

"Diacruz00," Meghan answered. "There's only a capital in the first letter, and no spaces. Got it?"

I typed it in, and the livestream showed up.

"Got it."

The livestream was already being viewed by 989 people already, despite it only being on for ten minutes so far. The number of people watching kept increasing, and I was worried that my phone was going to freeze as I clicked on the stream. Dia wasn't in the frame at all, but her boyfriend (did he have a name?) was walking around with a large knife carelessly in his hand. He was covering up someone who seemed to be tied up. What was happening?

"Are you going to tell me now?" The boyfriend asked, and he stepped away from his hostage.

It was (Y/N).

"Holy shi-"

"Watch your profanity!" Meghan interrupted me. "You're (Y/N)'s best friend, right? Do you know what's happening?"

"I need to call you back later," I said, staring at the video. "Byee!"

Meghan began to protest, but I hung up on her. (Y/N) looked tired and pissed, but she wasn't fighting back. She kept glancing at whoever was behind the camera, giving them pleading looks. Was Dianna filming? Why wasn't she doing anything?