Chapter Fourteen

It's now in the middle of the night. Jack is at Sofia's place and both of them are sleeping in the bed.
"Stop. Please. I'm begging you." Sofia begs as she has a nightmare about her dad abuseing her.
"I'm so hungry. Dad please." Sofia continues to beg.
"Stop!" Sofia yells causing her to wake up.
Sofia begins to cry.
"What's wrong?" Jack said as he wakes up.
"I have to go somewhere." Sofia said.
Sofia drives to Vic's house and knocks on the door.
"What's wrong?" Vic asked.
"I'm sorry to come here unannounced and in the middle of the night." Sofia said.
"It's ok. Did something happen with Jack?" Vic asked.
"No. It's about my father." Sofia said.
"Greg?" Vic said.
"My biological father." Sofia said.
Ripley walks out into the living room all tired.
"Tanner?" Ripley said as he wipes his eyes.
"I'm sorry to wake you guys. I just can't talk to Jack about this and Ryan would get too worried." Sofia said.
"It's about Scott?" Ripley asked.
Sofia nods as tears begin rolling down her eyes. Ripley wipes away her tears.
"It's going to be ok. Have you thought of a decision yet?" Ripley asked.
"No. I don't know what to do." Sofia said.
Vic looks at them confused.
"I was adopted by Greg because Ryan was walking home from school and saw me crying on the sidewalk all beat up. I had a black eye and bruised ribs because my dad used to beat me repeatedly since I was four which was when my mom left. He used to starve me, lock me in the basement, hit me, kick me. And now they want me to testify at his probation hearing. I could never go because I'm too scared to face him. I would always make Ryan testify. But now since he's been behaving, they want to release him early on probation. The only reason how he can't get probation is if I testify." Sofia said.
"Jack doesn't know about this?" Vic asked.
"He only knows about what I said yesterday. The only people who knows about what really happened is Ryan, Greg, Andy, Sullivan, Chief and now you." Sofia said.
"You knew about this?" Vic said.
"Yeah. She came to talk to me yesterday." Ripley said.
"I just don't want people acting differently around me." Sofia said.
"You can sleep here." Vic said.
"You guys sure?" Sofia said.
"Yeah. I took your advice and we are telling people tomorrow." Ripley said.
"Congrats." Sofia said.
Vic smiles.
"Guest bedroom is the second door on the left." Vic said.
Jack texts Sofia.
Jack: Is everything ok?
Sofia: Yeah. I needed to clear my head. At Vic's.
Sofia walks to the guest bedroom and falls asleep.
The next morning
Vic wakes Sofia
"Time for work." Vic said.