Chapter Sixteen

It is the day of the Probation hearing. Ever since Sofia and Jack had that fight they haven't talked unless they were at a fire or accident working.
"Are you ready?" Ryan asked.
"No. But lets go." Sofia said.
"You can do this." Andy said.
"I hate him with everything I have. He deserves to die in there." Sofia said.
"I know you hate him. But if you didn't leave, you wouldn't have met your favorite person." Ryan said.
"Andy?" Sofia said.
Ryan looks disapointed.
"I'm joking." Sofia said.
Ryan shakes his head.
"We're going to be late." Ryan said.
Sofia takes a deep breath. They get to the courthouse. Sofia sees Scott walking into the court room and she squeezes Ryan's hand.
"It's going to be ok." Ryan whispered.
"I don't think I can do this." Sofia whispered.
"We are all with you." Ryan said.
"I'm aware that Ryan Tanner usually speaks but is there anyway Sofia Tanner will be speaking this year?" Judge Percy asked.
Sofia takes a deep breath.
"Yes your honor." Sofia said.
"If you don't mind me asking questions." Judge Percy said.
"Go right ahead." Sofia said.
"When and how did the abuse start?" Judge Percy asked.
"I was at the age of 4 and it all started because my mom left us for another guy." Sofia said.
"Did you tell anyone about what was happening?" Judge Percy asked.
"No not until the age of 10. I was too scared to tell anyone." Sofia said.
"Did you ever go to the hospital for your injuries?" Judge Percy asked.
"Yes. I got a broken arm, broken leg, broken ribs, broken nose, dehydration, starvation, broken eye socket, broken jaw, internal bleeding." Sofia said.
"How did you feel when all of this was happening?" Judge Percy asked.
Sofia's heart begins going faster and she runs out of the courtroom. Sofia runs into Ripley. Sofia begins sobbing on Ripley.
"I'm sorry for crying on you like this." Sofia said.
"It's ok. You should go back in there." Ripley said.
Sofia takes slow deep breaths.
"You can do this. Just tell the truth." Ripley said.
Sofia slowly walks back in.
"I don't think he should get probation. He nearly killed me more than once. He starved his daughter. He should rot in his cell for the rest of his life. He should have a miserable life in there. That's what he deserves. He deserves to die in his cell. I hate him for what he did. I didn't have any friends because I either had bruises or I missed too much school. I had my first friend at age 10! Age 10! He ruined my life! Time for me to ruin his!" Sofia said.