Chapter Thirty Seven

Glass starts to shatter as the building collaped.
"Tanner report." Sullivan said over the radio.
Everyone at 19 looks at the building with surprised looks and the girls are now crying.
"Gibson report. Gibson or Tanner report!" Sullivan yells over the radio.
"Mayday! Firefighters down! Mayday!" Travis said over the radio.
Ryan soon speeds into the scene. Ryan runs to Andy and hugs her.
"Sof?" Ryan asked.
No one answered. Ripley drives to the scene. Vic runs to him and hugs him.
"Who's down?" Ripley asked.
"Tanner and Gibson." Sullivan said.
Ryan wraps his jacket around Andy and Ripley does the same to his jacket with Vic. Other firetrucks pull in.
"Lets start digging." Andy said.
They start digging.
"Jack?" Sofia said weakly as she wakes up.
"I'm here." Jack said.
"Radios are busted." Sofia said.
"Can you wiggle your toes?" Jack asked.
Sofia wiggles her toes except for her left foot.
"I think my foot is trapped. I can't wiggle my toes." Sofia said.
"My arm is definitely broken." Jack said.
Sofia starts to cry.
"They will find us." Jack said.
Sofia lays her head on Jack's arm. Jack wipes away Sofia's tears.
"How's your head?" Jack asked.
Sofia feels head.
"I'm bleeding." Sofia said.
Jack turns his flashlight on from his helmet and points it to Sofia's head.
"It doesn't seem too deep. A couple stitches." Jack said.
Everyone outside continues digging for the next two hours.
"I'm sorry Sullivan. I have to let my guys go." Kinsley said.
"No. They are still in there!" Ryan said.
"Ryan he's right. We will continue tomorrow. It's getting dark. We need to be able to see where we are drigging." Sullivan said.
"You can't stop. My sister and her boyfriend are down there!" Ryan said as he starts to cry.
"I know that! Those are my subordinates are down there!" Sullivan said.
Ryan is ready to punch Sullivan.
"Ryan let's go." Andy said as she starts to push him away.
"Sofia is under there! The same girl who has a TBI." Ryan said.
"I know that Ryan." Andy said.
Under the rubel... 
"Why are they stopping?" Sofia said.
"It's probably getting dark." Jack said.
Sofia cries on Jack's chest.
"I can't be down here for much longer. I'm tired and my foot really hurts." Sofia said.
"No sleeping Tanner." Jack said as he crawls to Sofia's foot that's under concrete.
Jack screams in pain as he lifts up the concrete that Sofia's foot is under. Sofia cries in pain. Jack lays next to Sofia.
"Baby I have something I want to tell you. I was going to ask you at the end of the week but than this happened. Sofia Mila Tanner, I've loved you since I first saw you. Well I thought you were Ryan's side chick. But then I found out that you guys are siblings. I felt so stupid. I also felt stupid for not asking you on a date before the Church Hill explosion. When you kissed me at Church Hill, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I never do. When I'm outside and you are inside a fire, it scares me because I don't know if you would make it out. I'm glad you do because I can't live without you. When you didn't remember me it broke my heart. I don't want that to happen again. I want to wake up next to you everyday, cuddle next to you, kiss you. grow old with you. Sofia Mila Tanner will you marry me?" Jack said.
Sofia goes unconscious.