Chapter Twenty Eight

Sullivan looks at Sofia confused.
"Can I have all the incident reports since I started here?" Sofia asked.
"Why do you want them?" Sullivan asked.
"I want to try to get my memory back." Sofia said.
"Don't read too much so you can get a headache." Sullivan said.
"I won't. Thank you." Sofia said.
"This is month one." Sullivan said.
At this point most of the firefighters are taking a nap since they are on hour 10 of a 24 hour shift. Sofia walks out and sits on the couch. Jack walks in.
"I thought you would be sleeping." Sofia said.
Jack doesn't answer her.
"Now you won't even talk to me." Sofia said.
"What am I suppose to say?" Jack said.
"I'm sorry that I was a COMPLETE JERK! I will help you with your memory. I will make hot chocolate for you. I owe you for a lifetime." Sofia said.
"I'm sorry. I was in a mood before. I had a bad call and I was getting overwelmed. I love you and I didn't mean what I said. Sometimes Andy gets on my nerves. You are the best thing that happened to me. I love you so much that when you were in the hospital, I slept on those trashy waiting room chairs just so I can be there when you wake up." Jack said as he walks over to the pots to make hot coco.
Sofia has a tiny smile on her face.
"I see that smile." Jack said as he looks back at her.
"You don't see anything." Sofia said as she gets the binder with the incident reports.
Jack smiles.
"What's that?" Jack asked.
"Incident reports of the first month I was here." Sofia answered trying not to smile.
They walk to the couch. Sofia starts reading through the reports.
"what happened in this one?" Sofia asked.
"That was probably the besst but scariest day of my life. There was a bomb at a marathon you were going to do. You were going to registrations when the bomb went off and you got stuck under rubble. I found a little hole for me to crawl to find you. It took me fifteen minutes to find you but I'm glad I did. That was the day that I realized that I wanted you to be more than my friend." Jack said.
Sofia smiles.
"I see that smile." Jack said.
Sofia sticks her tongue.
"I have a good idea." Jack said.
Sofia looks at Jack.
"We should start out as friends and you can decide what you want us to be." Jack said.