Chapter Twenty Nine

"I think that's probably for the best." Sofia said.
Jack smiles but Sofia can see that he isn't really happy with the idea.
"How about this one?" Sofia asked.
Jack smiles big.
"That was our first aid car ride together. That day was the best. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was a car accident and you were playing with a 2 year old while everyone else try to free the father. Then after you thought it would be a great idea to get jelly donuts and you got them all over you." Jack said.
Sofia laughs. Jack smiles. For the next hour Sofia and Jack look through the reports and Jack reminds her of the calls. Sofia leans her head on Jack's shoulder.
"Go to sleep. I'm not going anywhere." Jack said.
Sofia falls asleep on his legs and soon Jack falls asleep. No longer than three hours Sofia wakes up.
"Hey." Jack whispered.
"Did you even get any sleep?" Sofia asked.
"An hour maybe." Jack said.
Station 19, car accident.
"I'll be ok." Sofia said.
Soon the firehouse is empty. Sofia closes her eyes and starts dreaming.
"Jack go away." Sofia said.
Jack sits next to Sofia.
"Go away!" Sofia said getting frustrated.
"I'm not leaving you like this." Jack said.
"I want to be left alone." Sofia said crying.
"I told you." Jack said.
Sofia starts running away.
"Sofia!" Jack yelled as Sofia gets hit by a car.
Sofia springs awake and starts sobbing.