Chapter Fifteen

They get to the jail.
"What's the problem?" Sofia asked.
"An inmate was getting beat up because he was a parole hearing. When most of these guys can't." One of the guards said.
"If I may ask what inmate is it?" Sofia asked.
"Scott Johnson." Guard said.
Sofia just stands there then runs off.
"Hererra make sure she's ok." Sullivan said.
"On it." Andy said as she runs off.
Andy gets outside.
"I'm sorry. I just needed some air." Sofia said.
"I get it. It's your dad." Andy said.
"I should be getting back in." Sofia said.
"You sure? Sullivan will understand if you need to sit this one out." Andy said.
"I can do this. Yes he abused me, starved me, locked me into the basement but he should get our help." Sofia said.
Andy and Sofia run back up.
"Tell her I'm sorry." Scott said.
"Tell who?" Jack asked.
"My daughter." Scott said.
Jack looks at Scott strange.
"Tell her I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it." Scott said.
"Didn't mean to do it! You hit me! Your 4 year old daughter. That's when it all started. You locked me in the basement! Staved me! You starved youur own kid! So don't bother saying sorry! I hope you have a miserable death!" Sofia said.
"Tanner." Sullivan said.
Sofia storms out. They get Scott into the Aid car and Vic drives to Grey-Sloan.
Back at the firehouse
Sofia is punching the punching bag hard. Jack walks to Sofia.
"What happened on that call?" Jack said.
"Nothing." Sofia said.
"Something happened. Tell me." Jack said.
"I don't have to tell you anything! It's none of your business." Sofia said.
"It is my business. You're my girlfriend. And it feels like everyone knew except me!" Jack said.
"Ryan and Andy were there for me when it all happened. They were my first friends that I've ever had. I told Ripley because he's like my therapist and he listens while I rant. I told Sullivan becuase he's my captain and he should know what's going on. Greg knew about this because he's the one who arrested Scott. And I told Vic because she's one of my best friends." Sofia said.
"What about me? Where do I fit in?" Jack asked.
"You don't! I knew that you were going to act like this!" Sofia said loudly.
Jack walks away mad. Sofia starts to cry.
"¡Maldición! ¡Debería haber mantenido la boca cerrada! ¡Yo sabia que esto iba a pasar! Sabía cómo reaccionaría la gente." Sofia said in spanish.
"You couldn't have know what was going to happen." Andy said.
"Yes, I did. I knew people would act differently when they knew." Sofia said.
"Let's go to Joe's bar after work. You, me, Maya and Vic." Andy said.
Sofia smiles.
"I think Jack and I are through." Sofia said.
"Don't think like that." Andy said.
Andy walks to Jack.
"Are you guys done?" Andy asked.
"I don't know. She lied to me. She told everyone except me." Jack said.
"It was her choice who to tell! She knew how you would react." Andy said.
Jack walks away mad.

*Authors note*
I had to republish this chapter because 14 didn't publish for some reason.
What should happen between Jack and Sofia? What will happen at the hearing?