Chapter 3

"So is there something going on between Mal and Ben?" Doug asked before taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"I'm not sure, why do you ask?" Evie questioned as she had just finished a drink.

"Well Mal has seemed really off since Cotillion." Doug responded.

"Oh, well as I said I'm not sure." Evie said as she finished up her drink.

-A couple hours later-

"E, you know I love you." Mal said looking into the eyes of her best friend.

"I love you too Mal." Evie said with a smile.

"I want to be with you, I can't stand the space between us." Mal said. "If only we weren't with Ben and Doug." She said as she took Evies hands.

Evie smiled as Mal took her hands. "Who says we can't break up with them?" She questioned.

At that moment Ben walked into the room. "Babe?" He said with no response. "Babe?" He said once again.

At that moment Mal slowly began to wake up as Ben shook her. "Babe?" He said once again as he saw Mals eyes open.

"Huh?" She said as she looked at Ben.

"I kinda have to get up and you've been holding on to me for a while." He said. "I don't mind you holding onto me, but I have to get up." He added on.

"Oh sorry." Mal said as she moved her arms and sat up.

Ben slightly laughed as he got. "Its fine." He said with a smile before getting up and heading to the bathroom.

Mal nodded then began to take in the dream she just had. "Wait...why the fuck was I having a dream like that?" She asked herself quietly.

After about a minute Ben came back out and walked over to Mal. "So with Evie staying with Doug, can I sleep here with you tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah, uh no." Mal said. "I just wanna sleep alone tonight." She told him.

"Oh okay." Ben responded before sitting beside her. "Listen Mal this has been on my mind for a while." He said. "I know you are still under a lot of pressure, and I know you said you love me but do you truly?" He asked. "I'm only asking cause I know how stressed you've been." He said.

Mal looked at him and placed her hands on his face and looked at him in the eyes. "Ben I love you, I will always love you." She said. "I just want to be alone tonight okay?" She asked.

"Alright, I love you too." Ben said with a smile. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, good night." He said before getting up and going to the door.

"Night." Mal said with a smile.

Ben smiled then opened the door and walked out shutting the door behind him. Once the door shut Mal went to her bed and laid down and began to think.

"Why the hell did I have a dream like that?" She questioned herself. "Out of all of the dreams I could have had, why that one?" She asked herself as she was confused. "Oh fuck it I'm too tired to care." She said as she began to close her eyes and fall asleep.

"What do you want Ben?" Mal questioned.

"Are you cheating on me?" He questioned.

"Of course not." She said as she let go of Evies hands. "Why would think that?" She questioned.

"I heard what you said to Evie." He responded as he looked hurt.

"Shes not cheating on you Ben, but she wants me not you so go away." Evie said as she looked at him.