Chapter 10

"Are you truly happy with Ben?" Carlos questioned. "Like do you truly love him?" He asked.

"Yes I do truly love Ben." Mal said. "I know this is gonna be hard to hear for you since I know how hard our breakup was on you, but I do love Ben, his smile, his eyes, the way he makes me laugh, hes super sweet, I truly love him." She said.

Carlos sighed as he looked at her. "Do you wanna marry him?" He asked.

"Look, I'm sorry I know hearing all of that hurt you, I also know this is gonna hurt you and I'm sorry but yes I wanna marry Ben one day." She told him. "He is my soulmate, my one and only, the love of my life." She said looking at him.

Carlos closed his eyes and sighed before opening them. "Okay well um, theres something you should know." He said softly.

Mal saw Carlos was hurt from her words and she felt bad as she put her hand on his shoulder. "As I said I'm sorry, but you know I won't lie to you." She told him. "But um anyways, what should I know?" She asked.

"Look I'm not gonna lie or keep it from you, Evie likes you." He told her looking directly into her eyes.

Mal knew what Carlos meant but didn't want to believe it. "Well of course she does, we are best friends." She stated.

"No, I mean like she has a crush on you." Carlos said to her.

"What? No." Mal said. "There's no way she has a crush on me." She said not wanting to believe it.

Carlos looked at her knowing she wouldn't accept it so he came up with a different idea. "Okay, hypothetically lets say you and Ben break up, Evie admits her feelings for you, how would you react?" He asks.

Mal looked at him and took a deep breath. "I'd simply tell her that I dont have feelings for her like that, I want her and I to stay friends, nothing more." She said.

Carlos sighed as he looked at her. "Look me in the eyes and tell me you have zero romantic feelings for Evie." He said

Mal sighed as she looked deep into Carlos eyes. "I have no romantic feelings for Evie." She said looking into his eyes.

Carlos nodded as he looked at her. "Okay Mal, well I'm gonna go I'll see you later." He said as headed for the door.

"Carlos wait." Mal said as she walked over to him and turned him around. "Why does this matter so much to you?" She asked.

Carlos looked at her. "Because whether you believe it or not, Evie has a crush on you and I was hoping maybe she didnt have a reason to be scared of telling you." He said. "But look its fine don't worry, go be happy with Ben." He said before opening the door and walking out.

Mal stood there silent as she feels like she just once again hurt Carlos. "I did have a dream about Evie..but that doesnt mean anything." She said in her head. "Right?" She questioned herself. "Theres no way I have a crush on Evie...thats crazy." She said as she really started to think about it.

Meanwhile Evie was on her own at the Enchanted Lake. She stared down into the water.

"Theres no way she wants me." She said. "We will only ever be friends and nothing more." She said to herself. "She has the King, the love of her life, her future husband." She said softly.

"Hey Evie!" A familiar voice said from behind which startled Evie causing her to almost fall in the water but she caught herself.

Once she moved away from the water she looked and saw Lonnie. "Oh hey Lonnie, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Well I come here every now and then just to clear my head." She said. "But why are you here?" She asked.

"Pretty much same reason." The blue haired girl said. "Mals too happy with Ben to ever wanna be with me." She said with a sigh as she looked down. "This better be a twenty four hour thing otherwise this crush is gonna kill me." She said.

Lonnie was concerned for Evie as she walked up to her and placed her hand on her shoulder. "Listen Evie, what you have to do is tell Mal." She said looking into her eyes.

"But what if she ends up hating me?" Evie asked.

"She wont hate you cause of a crush." Lonnie said looking into her eyes.

"Are you sure?" Evie asked looking at Lonnie worried.

"I'm postive." Lonnie said looking into Evies eyes.

Evie looked at her and nodded then hugged her nice and tight. "Thanks for being here for me Lonnie." She said.

Lonnie smiled as she hugged Evie back nice and tight. "Of course Evie." She said happily before breaking the hug.

"Listen, as glad as I am that you're here for me can I have some time on my own?" She asked. "I came here to be alone and think." She said trying not to sound rude.

"Yeah of course." Lonnie said with a smile as she started to walk off.

As Lonnie left Evie turned back around and stared into the water. As she looked into the water she started to think about all the great times her and Mal have had since they met.

"Why am I so scared to tell her?" Evie questioned herself. "She wouldn't hate me for having a crush I hope." She said softly.

"Awww is the little blueberry bitch afraid of losing her friend?" A voice said behind Evie followed by a wicked laugh.

Evie turned around and saw Audrey. "What do you want?" She asked.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to come by and see how the bully of Auradon is." She said with a smirk.

"I'm not a bully, I was sticking up for my friend." Evie said looking into Audreys eyes.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night hunny." Audrey replied with a smirk as she moved closer to Evie. "Now how about a reality check? Ya know your little crush on that purple haired bitch? Well lets face it, we both know her standards aren't that low, she would never date someone like you hell shes probably pretending to be your friend." She said with a smirk as she got closer to Evie. "Oh and dont bother trying to hit me to defend her, we both know she doesn't want you fighting her own battles like you already have." She said as she pushed Evie back.

"Fuck off Audrey." Evie stated looking into her eyes as she got pushed back.

"Awww is the little blueberry getting angry?" Audrey said with a smirk before grabbing Evies face and kissing her deeply then breaking it. "Mal isnt missing much." She said before pushing Evie hard into the water.

Evie fell into the water and instantly sunk as she started to pop up trying to grab a ledge but couldn't as she couldn't swim.

Audrey laughed looking at Evie. "Have fun bitch." She said with her wicked laugh and smirk as she turns around and walks off.

Evie was in the water freaking out as she couldnt even scream for help. She kept trying to grab a ledge but couldn't as she then slowly started to go below the water.

A/N Thoughts?