III || Late Night Call

You reached out for your headphones next to your bed. You turned up the volume to max so all you could hear was your music and only your music.
You were sick of it, sick of their screams, sick of their distorted faces, just sick of everything. There were days you just got mad from it but there were also days the tears just didn't want to stop falling down your cheeks. Today was one of these days.

You buried your face deep in your pillow and pulled the blanket over your head.

Suddenly your phone rang making you jump up in your bed. Due to your headphones plugged in you accidentally answered the phone without even checking who it was. You scowled at yourself for answering at all.
The last thing you wanted in the moment was talking to anybody as if nothing was wrong.
The thing was, that none of your friends knew about your wrecked family situation and you wanted it to stay like that, at least you tried your best, that it would.

„Hello?" you answered with a slightly cracking voice.

„He- wow wow wow hold on ..."

It took you a moment to recognize the voice, because you haven't heard it that often yet but as you did you hastily wiped away your tears and tried your best to stop sniffing.

„Is everything alright? You sound ... well you sound as if something isn't right."

Could he see you in anyway? Did you accidentally also turned on your camera, because Moonbin hit the spot, there was no chance you could've hided it from him.

„No everything's alright ... pollen you know?" You desperately tried to find an excuse.

„Are you sure?" You could hear from his tone that he definitely didn't believe you.

„Yeah, I'm fine, really, so .. so don't worry." You gave him a fake laugh.

„If you say so.."

Silence.

„Watcha doing?" Moonbin then asked to break the silence between the two of you.

„Nothing really.."

That wasn't even a lie. You just laid on your bed crying to yourself and if you were really honest with you, even if you said you didn't want anyone to call you, you actually hoped for it. You were even happier it was Moonbin who called you.
You haven't talked to him that often, usually you only texted each other, because of his busy schedule.
But today he actually found some time to talk to you... he somehow had missed your voice and couldn't keep himself from calling. He had actually no time at all.

„You can't do nothing. A human being is always doing something." He laughed and the whole situation lightened up again.

„Well maybe I'm not human." You smirked.

„Or maybe I just said that, cause all I'm doing is just staring at the ceiling.. not interesting in any way..."

„Do you stare at this spot at your ceiling often?"

„Why would you ask that?"

„Curiosity?" he said innocently.

„Well I guess I stare at this spot pretty much every day..."

„There is not a huge poster of someone like ... you know ... Eunwoo there, right?"

„Why would I-„

„Great, then I'll get you something you have to hang up there. Staring at a plain wall every day must be boring." He cut you off.

Moonbin smirked to himself as he thought about the special thing he had in mind.