XVII || Bad Timing

[Some time later]

The day had started as any other -a totally normal day. That was something you were quite happy about, because it had become a very rare occasion in your every day life.

As much as you liked them, ever since the two idols had stepped into your life, so many things had changed for you.
Meeting them always meant fearing of getting caught. It was always an adventure, a disguise theatre, which took a lot of your energy. It was somewhat exhausting, not being free in your actions and decisions. It was the sacrifice you had to make for your love.

As hard as it was to give up your freedom, not being able to love him would be way way harder, nearly unbearable. And if, you would have to bare it on your own.
You couldn't talk about it, as you liked. Every word about it was dangerous and could be overheard by the wrong people. Problems not worth dealing with.

Sometimes you wondered: ‚If it's already as hard and exhausting for me, than how was it for him?'

The „sometimes" changed into every day. They had become your usual thoughts, as if glued to the back of your mind.
But there were other thoughts too, slowly creeping up inside of you.

‚Wouldn't he be better off without me? He doesn't need even more problems in his life, I'm one of them.'

You always tried to hardly shake your head afterwards, assuring yourself that it was completely wrong, but over the time it became harder and harder for you.

You knew you shouldn't think like this, but you did.

It didn't help that the last two weeks had been very quiet between the two of you.
You hadn't seen him, you barely had texted either, he was short in his answers and never was the one to write first. Something felt odd, but you tried to ignore it ... well... until it wasn't possible anymore.

After you came back out of the bathroom and made yourself some breakfast, you sat down at the kitchen table, beginning to eat...or at least you tried.
As you were about to take your first bite, your phone buzzed next to your plate of food. You had totally neglected it over the whole morning. Now you regretted that, seeing the explosion of messages and notifications spread over your screen. Twitter, Instagram, kakaotalk messages, everything.

You closed your eyes and blindly tipped on one of the notifications. You hit twitter first.

Reading the first tweet that popped up you wished, you hadn't picked up your phone in the first place. Your Shaking hands nearly dropped it.

Thinking about it you actually would have liked to drop it, so you wouldn't have to read on.

„Fantagio's soon debuting Trainee Kim Seo Ji confirmed being in a relationship with a member of a „senior" boy group under the same label." the first lines said but it got worse as you scrolled further down.
„Kim Seo Ji confirmed at an interview this morning the rumors of being in a relationship, which had appeared with a photo of her and a member of a Fantagio boy group, spreading through all social media.

On further questions about him she told our reporters that it is in fact Moonbin, a member of ASTRO.
Until now, neither him or the label made any kind of statement regarding to the topic. But „more cofirmations are expected soon", Kim Seo Ji told us at the end of our interview with her."

You stared blankly at your phone, not moving, not even blinking. The black letters of Moonbin's name burned themselves into your eyes, making your bottom lip tremble and your vision blurrier and blurrier. Then tear after tear emerged from the corners of your eyes.
Was that real? Was that really happening?
It had to be wrong, right?