XII || Awake

Three days later you already woke up excited. Not only was Moonbin's birthday but also the weekend, so you didn't have to worry about being late for school or anything. You didn't have to get ready at all and you liked this a lot. Just staying in bed in the morning was something that definitely happened far too less in your opinion.

Pulling the blanket up a little you sat up against the wall behind your bed, adjusting the pillows until you felt comfy. Your room was quiet, and the sun beaming through your window send you a relaxing warmth. You could have closed your eyes again right at the spot if there wasn't this call you had to make, a really important call for you.

Soon after the thought crossed your mind you grabbed your phone on the bedside table scrolling through your contacts to find the one, you were looking for.

You called the certain number, goosebumps forming on your skin. You didn't even know why you were so excited about it, you just made a happy birthday call, that's all. But it wasn't a happy birthday call for anyone, it was one for Moonbin, the boy you started loving some time ago. He didn't know of course and he actually didn't even tell you about his birthday at all, still as he was currently on world tour with his band ASTRO all you could do was calling him, to send him your wishes. Well actually it was Jeno's idea. It's kind of sad that you actually needed someone to get this idea...

Anyways there you were, sitting on your bed with the blanket tucked under your chin, the phone pressed to your ear with a shaking hand.

It took a while and after the third beep you nearly wanted to give up but then you suddenly heard a muffled, raspy voice on the other line.

„Hel-..." a yawn. „-lo?"

„Moonbin?"

„Oh, it's you." the boy sounded quite monotone and quiet in his answer as if he was nearly falling asleep.

„Woah.. where's the excitement? You sound like your nearly falling asleep or something.."

„Well..." another yawn.

„It's natural to be asleep at this time.." he mumbled.

„It's like... I don't even know... it's late ... or early ... kinda around midnight or something..." he really struggled to stay awake and not fall back down again into his pillow.

Your eyes widened a little, you hadn't thought about that. Yes you thought about him being far away but you totally forgot that there existed something called timezones. That meant even though it was late morning for you, it was late night for him...

„Oh god, I woke you up right?"

„Kinda... fortunately.." there was shuffling on the other end „yeah... fortunately only me, not Eunwoo too."

What Moonbin didn't know, was that Eunwoo had actually also woken up, but pretended to still be asleep just out of curiosity. He was curious about why someone called Moonbin in the middle of the night.

Is it this boy again? It must be, it doesn't sound like he would talk to his mother. It sounds more like someone the same age..' he wondered.

„I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you.." you quickly apologized, really feeling terrible for it.

„I can call you back later and you can go back to sleep."

„Nahh... I'm already awake now ... also I don't mind being woken up by someone..."

Eunwoo furrowed his brows at this statement.

That's a lie... he almost kills me every morning, when I try to get him to breakfast.'

„At least when it's you, who's waking me..." he said this even quieter then before but Eunwoo was still able to hear him due to being in the same dead quiet room.