Chapter 8

Hiiiii! I kinda did this at last minute since one of my old friend was graduating. \^u^/ So I'll be editing this later, so sorry it feels off. This is a crucial chapter to the story so I hope it doesn't feel like an information dumping ground.

ALSO I created a tumblr blog for you readers!! I'll be posting sneak peak, art works, Q&A and character profiles. My tumblr username is @yourandielexxis. Follow me! Or not. Whatever. I don't care. *Whispers* Seriously. Follow me there. ^V^

Anyway, thanks for all the support! Enjoy the story and don't forget to comment and vote!

___________________________________________________________

Whoa.

    I felt like I stepped into another world.

The hotel lobby took my breath away.

My eyes drifted to the tall ceiling that was stunning itself. Intricate mosaic of sea glass spread in elegant patterns across the large lobby. Opposite from the entrance – that Bodhi and I just came through – was a wall made entirely of glass, showcasing San Diego's ocean and it's impossible blueness. The floor of white tiles had thousands of broken faucet of sea glass embedded and it sparkled as it caught light.

"It's something, isn't it?" Bodhi giggled at my expression.

I nodded slowly, speechless. I've never seen anything like it.

Bodhi walked past me towards the elevator off at the side and I shuffled after her. She skipped by some high class women with their posh dress suits in Bodhi's grunge fashion with her head held high. One of the old lady tsked on Bodhi's choice of jean shorts. Bodhi nodded to her with a watt full smile. "Evening."

The lady's soften. "Evening, Darling."

Nobody can resist Bodhi it seems. She just radiated sunshine.

A young looking bellhop who was loading a suitcase into a trolley for a couple. His eyes widened when he saw Bodhi. Panic stricken, he dodged – or tried to – behind the stack of suitcases on the trolley.

"Nick!"

Nick sighed in defeat. "Evening, Miss."

She went up to him as the couple Nick was helping left. Bodhi slapped Nick's shoulder and he grunted. "Is my mini fridge restocked?"

"Y–Yes, Miss." Nick stammered. "It is."

Bodhi grinned. "You're the man, Nick." She begun to leave, but paused. Bodhi turned to Nick. "Can you send up your finest wine?"

I turned to her and hissed, "It is eleven in the morning."

Bodhi waved her hand away. "Pft. Time is nothing but man made."

I sighed as I stare upward, wondering what she was going to do next.

Nick sighed. "Shiraz, again?"

Bodhi grinned. "You got it." She sashayed away and I stammered. Nick gave me a pitiful shake of his head. I grimaced back at him in understanding and trailed after Bodhi into a luxurious elevator. I stepped into a pristen, marble elevator. Music twinkled around us that Bodhi unconsciously begun swaying to. The door closed and it was just us.

I sighed. "What did you do to poor Nick?"

She twisted her head with a gaping mouth. "I didn't do anything!" She looked ahead, biting her lips. "I only ordered in...and I may or may not have had pants on when I opened the door..." She began to study the elevator buttons intensely.

I stared at her. "Why didn't you have your pants on?"

She exhaled exasperatedly. "I'm not used to wearing pants!" She waved her hands over her new legs. "Obviously."