Chapter 21

HIIIII! I am baaaaack! California was ama~zing! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to San Diego. *Cries* L.A.'s traffic driving south to San Diego was INSANE. Since I wasn't traveling alone, I couldn't drag my families to go where I wanted to go–one of the cons of not traveling alone, but I still had a blast in L.A. with my family and it wouldn't have been the same if I traveled alone. :) Hopefully one day I'll go to San Diego, maybe when I am brave enough to travel alone. I'll be posting more pic of my trip to L.A. in my insta later! :D

Anyhow, in this chapter, I will be introducing more about the mers and the houses. I plan to design a map of the mer world and the ocean names in mer language. Though I don't know where to post it... I plan to post it on insta and tumblr, but I was also thinking of making a story glossary (Where I'll put mer terms, mini characters profile, names of mer's anatomy like the flukes, name of houses, and maps) as a chapter here, that way readers can always go check out and refresh their memory.

We hit 50K reads! WEEEEEEE! I still can't believe this story got so many reads! <3 I'll make a deal with you guys, if we hit 5k votes, I will make a youtube video formally introducing myself. :D

As for the fandom names, it seems a few of you like the name Clovers. So I shall bestow you guys, Clovers! Comment AYE! if you're a Clover!

As always, thank you for your votes (Votes means alot to wattpad writers! <3 ), comments (I try to read all of them and I love every single one them) and all your support! This story wouldn't have happened without you guys!

Enjoy~

_____________________________________________________

Tristen

Cold water enveloped me, water quickly surged into my gills and my membranes immediately plugged my nose airway. I yanked my eyes open and gasped as I regain from my few minutes of unconsciousness. When the foams of the water disappeared, hundred of mers' eyes surrounded me that were filled with concern.

    "Ahu!"    A pair of hands grabbed my lax shoulders. "Are you okay?"

    I waved Gale away. "I'm fine." I take in my surrounding. The sun was setting over the glass dome, painting the sky orange. All the mers huddled on a crowd before me, we were behind the wall of corals, hidden. My eyes drifted over the mers. It seemed that everyone was here, including Nixie who was holding Jakob's hands with a relieved smile.

    Moa, the pregnant merwoman rushed over. "My prince!" she signed. Her dark almond eyes scanned me as she took my face, inspecting my injuries like a mother she was. Her long, dark hair trailed down her back in a braid. Dark, thick tattoos covered her entire torso. So much so, one of her arms was inked completely black. Jewelries glittered across her face–septum piercing on her nose, piercing on a brow and large gauges stretched her lobes. Moa brushed my hair off my face. "Are you in pain? Please sit!" She fussed me over to a flat rock where I sat while she fussed over my injuries.

    I grabbed Moa's callused hands, "Please, stop fretting." I turned to assure the mers that continued to watch on. "I am well."

    "Then why the hell do you look like a spotted octopus?" Gale glared.

    "I did what I had to distract the fay from questioning me further." I smirked. "Luckily, he had quite the short fuse." It had almost been fun taunting Burn.

    Moa narrowed her eyes. "Well, that's stupid of you."

    Gale hissed in warning. "Moa!"

    I laughed despite the fact that she could've been punished for her honesty, but if anyone could–she could. She was a general of my father's sea legion which she trained and led the soldiers to battle for millennia. Moa hailed from west of Mir also known as the pacific ocean. She was from a tribe called Kanaloa and they are famous for their brutal warriors and primitive ways of living and to further my point, they live among the volcanoes of the ring of fire in the indonesia ocean. She was a mer with a rare power. She was a fire mer, immune to being burnt like most Kanaloain warrior–but unlike the rest of the tribe, she is able to control fire.