Chapter 15

HIIIIIII! It makes me so happy that everyone is enjoying this story! Thanks for the support and votes!

Enjoy!~

________________________________

Meredith

"You're a prince." My voice echoed. Gale did a sharp intake.

Silence fell heavy upon us

"How-How did you figure it out?" Tristen asked, shocked.

I leaned back from his question.  "I wasn't sure till now." Tristen's question just confirmed it for me.

Gale's eyebrows rose at that. "Oof, she got you there."

Tristen exhaled heavily when he realized he just outed himself. "Damn, you are clever." He chuckled. "I have to say, I'm impressed you figured it out."

    Thoughts whirled wildly in my head that I couldn't even bother to be flattered by Tristen's remark. He was a prince. Tristen was a prince. I studied his strong features, imagining him wearing a crown and sitting on a throne. It wasn't very hard to manifest such imagination. I couldn't believe that I didn't see it earlier. He radiated royalty. Surprisingly, I'm not as shocked as I thought I would be. I guess once you find out that mers were real and then find out that they could talk. And to top it off, finding out that fays, pixies, goblins and incubuses were also real.

Well... finding out that someone is of royalty is pale in comparison.

Tristen still looked like well... Tristen. He was still the same person; Brave, intelligent, level-minded and caring. He never made me feel less or bad for being human. He treated me as equal and with kindness. Still the same man with dark hair, chiseled face and startling blue eyes, framed by sinfully long lashes. Yep, still the same person who managed to make my legs feel like jelly.

Bodhi had mentioned that the dark fays asked the mers for aid to bring down the light court and King Neptune said no. That would make anyone pissed when one refused to aid you... "The dark fay doesn't know that you are prince, right?" I questioned.

    Gale snorted. "She just figuring this shit out on her own."

    I nodded to Tristen's bare torso. "You don't have a single scar." I was on a roll. "Meaning that you are not a soldier and that the dark fays haven't harmed you..." My mind was going a million miles per hour. "Since I know they would if they are as dark as you described them. If they knew you were a prince," I inhaled. "Well, that couldn't be good. Especially since your father refused to help them to bring down the light court." I snapped my fingers when I finally made the connection. "And if they knew you were a prince, they would use you to get what they want from your father...  bribe for an army of mers, right?"

    Tristen just stared at me in awe.

    Gale ran his hand down his face and gawked at me. "Are you sure you're not a psychic?"

    "I just watch a lot of tv." I mumbled, shifting under Tristen and Gale's scrutiny.

    Tristen have an airy ha, then smiled brightly. "You're absolutely right." He leaned back. "They don't know that I am right under their noses and yes, they would use me."

    Tristen and Gale continued to ogle at me.

    I fidgeted nervously, hating that my inner "curious cat" came out–as my mom called it. As a kid, I used to ask a stream of questions and think out loud as I pieced the puzzle of information together. Now that I somewhat managed to control it and not overwhelmed my teachers or my friends when I nerd out, it's been less noticeable. My mom said that I take it after her since that was the reason she became a historian. Her "curious cat" loved history.