Chapter 17

HIIIIIII! So I decided to post it "early" again! My sleep schedule is out of whack! Out of curiosity, who is able to read and listen to music at the same time? For me, I have to have complete silence for me to read but I have to listen to music to be able to write (I was listening to Adrift by Alaskan Tapes when I was writing this chapter, just in case you were wondering).

As always, thank you for your support and votes! Know that reading y'alls comments makes my day! <3

Enjoy~

_________________________________________________________

Meredith

My red pickup braked in front of me with Bodhi behind the wheel. Tears streamed hotly down my face. I wrenched the passenger's door open. Bodhi stepped on the gas before I could slam the door behind me and looked at the rearview to see if anyone was following us. Bodhi muttered. "We're safe."

"They were hurting them!" I fumbled for the seatbelt.

    "I know." Bodhi said calmly, turning the wheel out of the parking lot.

    My chest twisted with worry. What will happen to Gale and Tristen? God, I hope Burn and Shade won't torture them... or worse.

    Kill them.

"They're gonna hurt them." I blubbered. "I overheard them–two dark fays, they're killing the mers and humans." My mind kept repeating the event in a loop–from the spear withdrawing and Tristen's face of anguish.

Bodhi's jaw clenched. "I suspected they were." I look at Bodhi tensed frame and–

    I stopped.

    Blue liquid seeped through the back of her gray t-shirt, it clung to her back.

    "Wha–What's happening?" I raised my voice with panic. Then I realized what I was seeing.

    Mer's blood was blue.

    Bodhi was bleeding from her back...

    Just like Gale.

    "Why are you bleeding?" I asked alarmly. She didn't answer and her glassy eyes stared out. "Bodhi?"

    Bodhi put my truck to park. She turned to me. "Because my shi-amare was stabbed." Her eyes were hard and steely, she meets my eyes with an unwavering gaze. "Meredith, I need you to do something. I need you to be strong for me and go inside the store. I need you to get a first aid kit. Can you do that?"

    I looked out the window only to realize that we were parked in front of a corner store. I sniffled and nodded. "O-ok." I stiffly got out of the truck and stumbled into the store. I can't recall the next five minutes, except when the cashier asked if I was ok. I faintly remembered that I managed a nod.

I climbed back into the truck. I instantly went into autopilot. I yanked the first kit box open. I grabbed the bottle of antiseptic and–dammit. I forgot to buy a cloth. Without a thought, I jerked my shirt over my head and poured the alcohol over it. I ordered, "Take off your shirt."

    She weakly laughed. "I knew you wanted to see me shirtless, ya perv."

    I don't know what happened, but something in me snapped. "How can you joke like this, Bodhi?" I yelled. "You're bleeding!" My eyes burned. "Gale and Tristen could be in danger right now and Dark fays are out there, killing mers and humans." I slumped, drained.

    "Red."

    I didn't look up.

    "Meredith." She commanded.