Chapter 14

HIIIIII!!!! Here's the chapter of the day! I declare to call Monday–Merday! (Since I update every monday :P )

Anyway, as always, thank you for y'alls supports and votes!

Enjoy the read~

________________________________
Meredith

I breathed before the door, calming my nerves before facing him.

Come'on, Red. Open the door.

Panic seized me and I stepped away from the door.

I can't face him. Not after what I done, feeling him up and breaking in front of him like a psycho when I got drenched. I ran a hand through my curls but then it got stuck. Flash of pain burned my scalp. That shook me out of the oncoming unwelcome thoughts.

Come'on, Meredtih.

Wait. There's one advantage to this situation, or at least the situation of the whole feeling him up. Tristen doesn't know that I know what it means. He doesn't know that Bodhi told me. I can pretend ignorance. I nodded to myself. Yeah, I can do that.

Just as I was about to open the door, I stopped.

Hold the door–No pun intended.

I just had a realization. I touched his tail because I didn't know what it meant, but he knew.

What the–

I recalled all the times Tristen could've said something or stopped me.

Anger burned within me. How did I not realize this side of the situation? I guess my embarrassment was so great that I couldn't see past it.

That–That merman!

I was just about to march in and question him–more like yell at him–but something stopped me once again.

My embarrassment.

If I go in there all angry, then Tristen will know that I know and... It'll become more embarrassing and awkward. I sighed in defeat. I decided to take the naive route–pretending I have no knowledge of the tail thing. In the end, between embarrassment and anger...

Embarrassment wins.

I twisted the knob once more and stepped into the room, holding my breath.

I closed the door behind me and stopped in track. Tristen was right there, sitting by the water–watching me emotionless. I read his body language. Shoulders was tensed and his lips were pursed. He was unsure.

Unsure of me.

I mentally chided myself, he probably thinks you're mad at him, considering how you recoiled from him like he was a pervert. At that moment, my stupid brain had to remind me that I basically felt him up when I touched his tail. I realized... that I was the perv. I wanted to run away from here and dig myself a hole.

But I stopped and took a breath. Stop it, Red. I exhaled, calming my racing heart. One advantage I have is that he doesn't know that I know about his tail.

It slowly became a mantra. I chanted to myself. He doesn't know that I know. He doesn't know that I know. He doesn't know that I know.

I gathered my courage and smiled at him.

His shoulders loosen and he smiled back.

My heart raced once more.

"Hi." I awkwardly wave back.