Glossary

Author's Note : I will be continually updating the glossary as the story continues. I will also be going back in the chapters to add an asterisk next to some words that will be in the glossary. Ex: shi-amare*.

Hopefully, this will be a useful page for readers. <3

P.S. I will be adding a map of the oceans with the names of the mers' houses here later.

_____________________________

Mer Words

Ahu - Brother

Ama - Mother

Anu - Father

Shi-amare - Fated one

Terms

Clovers - Humans that can see past the glamours of sidhes

Watchers - A group of human hunters that have one goal–total annihilation of sidhes.

Controller - Ability to control a presented element and bend it to their will–increasing the temperatures or move presented rocks. A simple bending of their surroundings, very limited.

Conjurer - Ability to conjure and manipulate the elements, meaning they can call their respective element and absorb it in themselves for later whenever.

Creator - Ability to not only manipulate their respective elements but create them. Only Kings and Queens has such abilities.

Elders - Mature adult Sidhes, mastered their chosen career and powers they were born with.

Warlord - Top status to be of a legion, responsible for battle/war strategy and ensures the safety of the kingdom.

General - Higher status of Lieutenant and aids Warlord, leads the soldier

Lieutenant - Trains and fights among soldiers and a junior to its General.

Guardians - They are sworn to protect their ward that are usually royals or of highborns.

Companions - Sea animals that imprints on a mer

Dryads - Oak nymphs

Sidhes - Nonhuman beings like mers, days, dryads and etc.

Characters

Humans

Meredith "Red" Tesifa Pierce - Eighteen years old artist with an ability of immunity–immune to the power of glamours.

Vida Pierce - Mother of Red, college historian

Michael Pierce - Father of Red, photographer with his own studio

Jeanette - Waitress from diner

Nick - Bellhop Boy (felt like I should include him lol)

Mers

Tristen Aegaeon Atlantia - Son of King Neptune and Queen Amphitrite, crowned prince, futured king of the seven sea. He is twenty years old. Ward of Gale's.

Prince Nefion Atlantia - Sea Prince and Tristen's younger brother.

Gale Blackwater - Soldier of sea legion and Tristen's Guardian. He is twenty-two years old. He was gold shark like tail.

Bodhi - Soldier of sea legion from Eytheria and Gale's shi-amare. She is twenty-one years old.

Zuri - Lady of house of Eytheria Sea and ward of Malona. An octomer.

Nixie -  Eight year old merchild from Mir. Her ability is being able to detect lies.

Moa - Retired General of Sea Legion, fire mer–immune to being burnt and able to control fire, also pregnant

Malona - Lieutenant from house of Eytheria sea and guardian of Zuri. She has a tail of a eel.

Halvar - Soldier from Thule

Jakob - Retired Soldier from Mir

Clodovea - Soldier from TBA

Aleksi - Soldier from Atlantia

Silas - guard of the office of the sea court

Dark Fays

Obsidian - a rogue fay that saved Meredith and Bodhi from Ash.

Princess Massena - Dark Princess

Mr. Grey - Soldier

Kol - To-be General of the Dark Court, Serves the dark princess only.

Burn - lieutenant of Kol

Shade - lieutenant of Kol

Sable - Tracker

Onyx - Tracker

Ash - Tracker. R.I.P.

Slade - Current Dark General (Serves the Dark King and Queen only)

Light Fays

Light Prince - A lore that is told among the mers. The light prince is the only child of Light King and Queen had to counter the dark princess's power. Unknown if the child is real or not. Prophecy is foretold that the child of light is to unit fays, mers and humans in peace and harmony.

Dryads (Tree sprite - becomes one of the trees)

Maiara - An elder oak nymph

Pala - Guardian of Maiara

Takoda - Protector of the tribe

Kyomi - Did Red's makeup and hair

Calista - Did Bodhi's makeup and hair

Naiad (Water sprite - can become one of water)

Tallulah aka Tally - The nymph that welcomed Red and Bodhi to bathe in the river.

Romy - One of the naiad that bathed Red

Hali - One of the naiad that bathed Red

Darya - One of the naiad that bathed Red

Gods

Neptune - King of the sea, wed to Amphitrite, father of Tristen and Nefion (he had numerous other kids before he met Amphitrite) and son of Pontus and Thalassa.

Amphitrite - Queen of the sea, a nereid, wife of Neptune and mother of Tristen and Nefion.

Thalassa - Primordial goddess of the sea

Pontus - Primordial god of the sea

Pan - God of the wild

Others

Argos – Tristen's companion hippocampus. He is able to shift to a land horse and able to manipulate the waves through his connection to Tristen.

Beth - High trained octopus of Zuri ('Cause why not lol)