Chapter 18

HIIIII! Thank you for your patience! Sorry I couldn't update the chapter like I have been the past two updates–posting them at midnight crackhead hour. I actually was out like a baby at a reasonable hour. Tristen's chapter will be posted next week! <3

As you guys know, I'm a wedding photographer and after finishing my last round of clients, I'm FINALLY able to fix my own graduate photos (It's so weird editing photos of me (>-<) ) Maybe I'll share my insta so you can see (Just realizing you have never seen my face. Hmm, *rub hands deviously* Maybe I should keep my appearance a secret. Muahahaha!).

ANYWAY, as always, thank you for your support/love, comments and votes!

Enjoy~

__________________________________________

Meredith

"Is that why I couldn't find my toothbrush this morning?" I gave her a scathing glare.

    "I'm sorry!" she yelped, "I panicked, so I flushed it down before you saw."

    I rubbed my temples and counted–I, 2, 3, don't kill Bodhi. I opened my eyes and eeked. Bodhi's face was right in front of mine. Her eyes rounded as her lips trembled. "Sorry," she said innocently when she's anything but that.

    "Are you seriously giving me the puppy dog look?" I gawked.

    "Is it working?" Bodhi blinked with her puppy dog eyes.

    I huffed. "Almost."

    Bodhi grinned satisfactorily. "So what's the question?"

    "Question?" I thought back, pre-dated-I-want-to-kill-Bodhi. "Oh, It's about Tristen."

    "What about him?"

    "Tristen said he swam away from home... Do you know why he swam away from home?"

    Bodhi pursed her round lips. "I'm afraid you're gonna have to ask him that one."

    I nodded in understanding. I never like to get my answer from a second source. "Fair enough."    

    Bodhi wiggled back to her seat with a grin. "Let's go home and regroup!" She grasped my steering wheel.

    I arched a brow. "What do you think you're doing?"

    "Uh... Driving?" She answered like that was the most obvious thing in the world.

    "Who said I'm letting you drive my truck?" I crossed my arms, "Do you even have a driver's license?"

    "As of matter of fact..." Bodhi searched her pockets of her jean shorts. "Here!" She held up a piece of paper, laminated with tape. She drew her license with crayons and her picture was a stick drawing of herself.

    I facepalmed. "Bodhi, you can't draw your license on paper and laminate it with tape."

    She frowned. "So I'm guessing that's not how humans get one?"

    "Get out of the car, Bodhi. I'm not letting you drive home."

    Bodhi eyes dropped and she snickered. "Are you sure you want to get out of the car?"

    "Wh–" I looked down. I was shirtless and I was only wearing a lacey, lavender bra. I eyed the compartment and the console that divided the driver's and passenger's seat. I began calculating, maybe I can fit my nearly six feet frame through a three feet of space? I sighed in defeat. "Dammit, Bodhi. If this car even get so much a dust on it, you're dead."