Capture the Hostage (Chapter 1)

"Jamil, dude, I swear you have got to stop with your submissive act," Jamil is currently holding his phone to his ear. He runs his brown colored hand through his brown hair.  

"I get that you're worried, but I promise it'll be over before you know it! Besides, I've gotta go and tell everyone the good news! Plus this surprise trip will make up for me suddenly leaving this summer," Jamil pushes up his black glasses that frame his light brown eyes.

"Yeah, you better make it worth their while."

"I'll try my best Xian. You should've came," Jamil walks through the streets towards the bus stop. "That would make it more worth while."

"Nah, I'll hold down the fort here while you deal with everyone."

"Aww!" Jamil pouts, even though his friend couldn't see it. "That's no fun."

"You know I'm not coming, and stop making that pouty face, I can tell from here you big baby."

Jamil starts to laugh. The walls on both sides of him suddenly become closer. He continues to talk to Xian as he walks. Neither of them had a car, so they had to walk or take public transport to anywhere they need to go.

"Ah, the bus stop is almost here, I'll call you back once I'm on," Jamil says, a smile spreads across his face as he pushes up his black frames.

"Just stay on the call, this area is pretty sketchy," Xian's concerned voice replies.

"You don't have to worry, what could possibly happen?"

"She could find you. You could get stabbed, robbed from, end up in the hospi-"

"-I get it dude. I know I can't punch like you but I can at least run really fast."

"Like that proves anything."

Jamil lets out a loud sigh. He looks up to see someone blocking his path. The young adult raises an eyebrow then shrugs it off.

"Excuse me," Jamil says as he walks. He tries to go past this someone but they step in front of them. "Sorry." Jamil smiles politely and steps in the other direction but the person does the same.

"Jamil? Sorry dude, I didn't mean to offend you," Xian's voice comes through the phone again.

"You're Jamil aren't you?" The someone speaks. "Older brother of Owen?"

"Who are you exactly?" Jamil tightens the grip on his phone.

"Just answer the question, are you Jamil, older brother of Owen, or not?" The someone continues.

"Well I don't think I have to tell you anything." Fear pumps through Jamil. He could feel the adrenaline hyping him up to run.

"Are you Zamena's grandson?"

Jamil's eyes widen. He steps back. This person seems to know his grandma. But who is this person?

"Who...are you?" Jamil tries to stay calm. He could hear Xian's voice trying to tell him to run.

"That doesn't matter. But given your reaction, I have the answer I need."

Jamil blinks and he's pinned to the wall by the person. Their arm pressing against his throat. Jamil grabs onto the arm and tries to make it budge but it doesn't move.

"What..do you..want?!" Jamil gasps for air, the pressure against his throat makes it feel like the arm will cut through his it.

"For Owen to feel exactly what I felt," the person then grabs Jamil's neck with their hand, reaching for right under the jaw. They squeeze it while pressing upwards.

Pressure point! Jamil realizes. He tries to move or even be able to hit, but the person grabs both of his wrists with their other hand. Jamil then tries to use his legs but the person slams their body against him so he couldn't move.

A moment later, Jamil falls unconscious. The person then glances around again before carrying Jamil on his shoulder.

The person looks down at the phone, the call still going on. They hesitate before picking it up.

"Jamil?! JAMIL?! Answer me, this isn't funny!" Xian cries out.

"What's funny is that you let him go alone," the person answers. "Only Owen can come for Jamil. That or Zamena for all I care."

"Let Jamil go and maybe I won't go all Jackie Chan on you," Xian growls.

"You're irrelevant. Just get them to come if you ever want to see Jamil again."

"You mother fuc-

"-heh, that's what they all say," the person then squeezes the phone in their hand and it cracks, falling onto the ground in pieces.

The person gives it one last look before opening up a portal and jumping through it.

Along with Jamil.