All Heroes, Fall Back (Chapter 29)

"Blaez, that rash looks really bad, you need ointment," Jamil worries as the mage paces in front of him.

"I don't need your damn advice. It's perfectly fine," Blaez huffs.

"I'm literally almost a doctor, I don't want you to get hurt or anything," Jamil frowns. "I'm saying it for you."

"And I told you that I don't need it!" Blaez growls. "Why don't you just shut up for once? It's crazy how anyone could stand being near you."

"You don't deserve all that. You've been terrible. You couldn't satisfy me. How could anyone stand being near you?"

Jamil shuts his eyes tight, begging for the memory to go away. But it sticks like bubble gum.

"I'm sorry," Jamil whispers softly to himself. He looks down at his feet again, knowing that he shouldn't look up.

"You have no spine either! Ugh, you seriously annoy the hell out of me," Blaez rolls his eyes. He then scratches his neck and bites his lip in pain.

"Does it hurt? You really need some ointment," Jamil starts worrying again.

"How many times do I have to tell you to SHUT UP!" Blaez yells, his face a few inches away with his purple eyes glowing. "Why can't you just listen, huh?!"

"I'm sorry, but I'm worried about that rash on you," Jamil says in a small voice. "I'm just worried about you."

"I told you to shut up!" Blaez grabs Jamil by the collar of his ripped shirt. The prisoner flinches. "I don't need you to worry about me okay?! Your brother should be coming by soon, most of the planet's done chasing after bad guys. Then you'll die right in front of him."

"What's wrong with you?" Jamil decides to speak up. "You aren't like this at all."

"What would you know about me?!" Blaez yells. "And you should be afraid! Why are you talking like you know me?!"

"Beca-"

"-you don't know me at all!" Blaez nearly punches Jamil, the fist shaking right near the face.

"Xian!" Jamil blurts out just as the punch came too close.

"Xian?! XIAN?! No one is coming to save you! No one is going to save you! You're going to die in front of Owen!" Blaez continues to yell. "Don't you get it? You're all alone!"

"No one would want to save you. No one will save you. You're all alone Jamil. Because at the end of the day, you're a guy and I'm a girl. And everyone knows that men assault, rape, and abuse women."

Jamil shuts his mouth. Knowing that it's only making things worse, he decides it's better not to say anything. There's no point.

Blaez lets go of Jamil's shirt and walks off. The wolf pacing around again, looking angrier by the minute. A scary glint to his lavender purple eyes.

Jamil didn't get the sudden change in Blaez's attitude. He watches the wolf pace around, the metallic silver looking blue in the fragments of moonlight.

Ever since he got that rash he's been acting off. So that's obviously the cause. Nothing else could really explain it since Blaez is usually more calm. And he was never like this...

Jamil is definitely worried about Blaez. The poor wolf showed him all the sides of his personality. And it only makes Jamil feel sorry for him. But he still doesn't want Owen to suffer.

"You know...there's probably a lot of people out there who are probably about to, or already have, lose someone they love..." Jamil's voice trails off. "Shouldn't one try as much as they could to make sure that no one else suffers like one already did?"