Lots More To Worry About (Chapter 8)

The sun set casts a soft, golden glow into the household. Everyone is sitting down on the couches, squished together, all of their attention on Rohan.

"I already told the Magic Council everything I found out," Rohan leans back against the couch, snuggling close to Ku. "And I'm sure you got that letter of mine right?"

"I did...and it is rather worrisome," Ku sighs. "But if you could expand on that, that would be great."

"Okay," Rohan nods his head. "So Vada kept the information about their secret identities a secret. Wysteria found out from stalking-"

"-I think she found through me. She knew I was an Elemental Master," Sasha interrupts. "However she knew that..."

"Then someone must've told her beforehand," Rohan continues. "Nyx didn't know. Katso and Madison somehow found out, Ubel didn't know, and Khutrix somehow knew. The one mage that met with all of them in some way, shape, or form is this mage covered in black. All you know them as the mage with shoulder-length blond hair."

"That mage has been behind a lot of things recently," Hiromi agrees.

"Yeah, and so that mage works for someone, or multiple someones. Either way, this mage is part of something bigger and it's almost one hundred percent sure that this organization is the one telling others about the EM's identities," Rohan says. "Their goal or purpose, no idea. Just the fact that they want the strongest mages to fight all of you is all that I know."

"What're they gonna gain from that?" Amy ponders.

"Who knows," Rohan shrugs. "But they really want Amy to lose a fight for some reason."

"Me?" Amy blinks. "What did I do?"

"Based on what they've been doing, I think they want to bring out the evil in everyone or something like that," Rohan scrunches up his nose. "I heard the mysterious mage talk something about 'getting them to become them' but that's only mumbles I've heard."

"I think..." Hiro's voice trails off before anyone else could say something. "That the teens should sit this part of the conversation out."

"I agree. Sorry kiddos, but you're gonna have to go into one of the rooms," Hiromi points to the hallway.

"Why? We're almost eighteen, we can hear whatever you guys have to say," Urana speaks up.

"Plus, these guys are almost at the level they should be in magic," Sasha agrees. "So if it's something that'll put our lives at risk, so be it. We can handle it."

"Yeah, we want to be a part of these conversations as well," Owen crosses his arms. "It's not fair if you guys keep secrets from us."

"I agree, it's because of you that we're here anyway," Brenton nods his head. "If we never met you we would still be leading almost normal lives."

"So I think we have a right to stay here and listen," Ava keeps sitting down.

"And we promise we won't goof off and act up or anything. We'll listen," Alex smiles.

"Sorry, but Hiro's right," Amy shakes her head. "This isn't for you. Trust us, you'd rather not hear it."

"Rather not hear it my ass," Brenton and Sasha mumble in annoyance as they cross their arms and sit still.

"Then I guess we're going to my room," Red shrugs, walking away and the others follow. The teens then get up and run but the adults are faster and lock the door before the teens could get in.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Alex pouts. "I didn't even get a chance to use my speed!"

"Ya snooze, ya lose!" Amy snickers from the other side. All sound gets cut off the room, making the teens unable to hear anything.