Return of a Brother (Chapter 7)

Scott stares at the board in front of him. His blue-brown eyes studying the information on it. He lets out a sigh and runs his hand through his dirty blond hair.

"And this is why I stay in the technology department," Scott grumbles in annoyance. "What about you Hiro? Think there's something useful?"

"Everything is useful," Hiro points out, shrugging. "But what's useful to us...well, we've got not idea." His brown frames and mud brown eyes contrast Scott's blue frames and blue-brown eyes.

Hiro picks at his fluffy brown hair and continues to stare at the board like Scott. The little sticky note with 'Gwex' on it is still there on the timeline where Khutrix was at large.

"Scott, my boy, where are you?" Someone's voice comes from outside.

"Shoot! Completely forgot that the cyborgs are still here! I'll be right back, or do you wanna come with?" Scott turns around on his heel.

"Umm, I think I'll come with," Hiro glances one more time at the giant timeline before following Scott outside.

They're greeted by the cyborg general that helped to stop Khutrix. This particular cyborg looks half-robot and half-human with bronzed skin and a singular blueish-purple eye. The other eye is glowing blue.

"Scott! There you are!" The general grins, putting an arm around Scott's neck loosely. "I came to tell you that we're leaving now."

"Already?" Scott pouts.

"Oh, so picture worthy," Hiro takes out his phone and quickly snaps a picture before his brother could notice.

"Yes, already, my boy," the general flicks Scott's forehead with their metallic fingers. "We've got our own problems to deal with you know. Khutrix will get to spend time in space jail."

"And you guys aren't charging Belle or Ben with anything right?" Hiro questions. He didn't think they would, it's just better to be ask.

"Of course not!" The general smiles at Hiro. "Don't you kiddos worry, those two kiddos were who we were trying to save! That and our planet obviously. And what could we even charge them with? Being forced to destroy a planet?"

"Yeah, it has been a month since it happened," Hiro puts his hands behind his back sheepishly.

"Exactly, now take care of each other. I wish I could stay to visit your family but I'm kinda on a time crunch," the general then waves their hands before running off. "See you later! May the stars light your paths!"

"May the stars light your path too!" Hiro and Scott say at the same time.

"Well, let's get going then," Scott watches as the general meets up with the other cyborgs and one of the Magic Council members.

"Yeah, Red's gonna have our heads if we're not back for lunch," Hiro chuckles.

"Oh, you know it. He's not a force to be reckon with."

Together, the two of them walk outside the building and catch a bus to get home. Once they're at home, they could see Red eyeing them out of the window.

His red-brown eyes look ready to shoot lasers, so the two of them hurry in. Red watches as they stumble to make it to the kitchen where Quill is already putting away her finished dish.

Red's dirty blond hair is more tamed compared to Scott's. But the older brother face is enough to get them to revel everything they've ever done.

Quill watches from the sink, a grin on her lightly tanned face. Her brown eyes sparkle with mischief as she fixes her spikey brown hair. Quill still has the tattoo on her arm of a quill flower.