Sticky and Acidic (Chapter 24)

"Who are you exactly?" Red Sport growls, her fists glowing bright and the sword trembles. "Because I don't have time for this. So let's get this over with."

"Yes, let's," the mage zooms straight at Red Sport again. She takes on the challenge, flying straight towards the mage as well with her body glowing.

Blue, pink, and green combine together in the air, flashing into all parts of the sky. Both mages growling at each other.

"Do you really not remember who I am?!" The opponent cries out.

"Um, no," Red Sport slices the sword through the pink and blue but it gets stuck. "Sticky...?" The sword sticks and gets thrown somewhere in the distance.

The other mage backs off. They then lower their hood to reveal pink and blue hair along with pink and blue eyes.

"I'm Cotton Candy! Do you really not remember me?!" The mage cries out, pouting.

"Heh?" Red Sport scratches her head. "Wait wait wait!" She puts fingers to the side of her head and rubs them in thought. "Nope. You don't ring a bell at all."

"Whaaat?!" Cotton Candy cries out. They wipe the tears from their eyes. "You were the one who sent me to jail!"

"Hmmm," Red Sport narrows her eyes at Cotton Candy. "Oh! Now I remember! You're the sticky mage who kept on attaching mages to places that would've killed them!"

"I wasn't trying to kill anyone!" Cotton Candy protests. "Okay, well, maybe a little."

"It doesn't matter because you need to get yourself back into jail," Red Sport suddenly turns dark. "I have something I need to do and I don't appreciate you trying to stop me from it."

"Scary..!" Cotton Candy flies backwards.

Red Sport flies towards her opponent. She summons a sharp sword and glows a bright green. Red Sport starts yelling out a battle cry as she nears Cotton Candy.

The opponent smirks and puts their hands up. Blue and pink pop out of their hands and engulfs Red Sport. Who tries to cut through it, only to find her sword stuck in the sticky mess.

"Haha! I've got you trapped!"

"No, duh."

Red Sport swings around another sword and another. Frustrations builds up inside of her as the sticky substance starts to stick to her.

Wings! Switch.

Got it, I'll take it from here.

So how'd we beat this sorry mage last time?

Uhhh, which one of us was it?

Forget that, this guy is just some small fry getting in my way!

Or that.

Red Sport uses her claws to climb out of the sticky trap. She then dips them into her drink sticking out of her pocket and continues to claw her way out.

It stings. There must be something in this...

"Wait, what?" Cotton Candy looks taken aback. They watch in surprise as Red Sport completely breaks free of the sticky trap with only water and soda on her hands and some sticky residue. "You literally just broke free using drinks?" Red Sport's claws are also swollen and red as she switches to her fairy wings.

"If you were serious about fighting me you should've came up with a better strategy than just some cheap trick," Red Sport is suddenly right in front of Cotton Candy. "Just using sticky magic is insulting to me. I'm part of the Siblings of Magic, and I don't have time for your lowly tricks."