SilverBlue Wolves (Chapter 22)

"My family doesn't define me. I don't have to be like them. I want to be better than them," Rohan sucks in a breath. "And I'm going to be better than them! It's what I've been telling myself since I found out."

"That's the spirit! My mom was a villain but I'm not one," Amy links arms with Rohan. "And if I'm not a villain, then you're far from ever becoming one."

"Yeah! You're the sweetest mage I know!" Quill joins in, her porcupine form jumping onto Rohan's shoulder. "Plus you'd never hurt anyone on purpose and you always try to do the best thing!"

"Quill get down before you poke him," Red warns. "And they're right Rohan. You're the last mage to become a villain or a criminal."

"So don't worry too much," Scott agrees, pushing up his glasses with his middle finger. "The only thing we have to worry about is Blaez."

"And from the short time I've known you, I think you're a good mage at heart," Hiro adds. "And I'm a Soul Reader so what I say totally counts."

"You guys are so awesome!" Rohan starts crying tears of joy. "I love all of you so much!"

With a smile they hug the the crying wolf. Who gladly takes the hug, missing it after being so far away for so long.

"So do we need to call in Sensei for another hug or can we move on with our sibling meeting?" Scott questions.

"I'm good, I'll get one before I sleep," Rohan smiles as they all back away. He wipes his eyes, the smile not fading from his face. "So what's next?"

"Um, I've got something to say," Amy clears her throat. "Alright, so tomorrow, Rohan, Owen, and I are going to rescue Jamil from Blaez."

"We should come with you," Quill jumps at the chance.

"No, there would be too many of us," Amy shakes her head.

"Why aren't you going today?" Red questions.

"Because I lost sight of Blaez when I was stalking him," Amy answers truthfully. "I won't lose sight of him for sure tomorrow night."

"Why aren't you telling anyone else?" Scott pushes up his glasses and they glint. "Wouldn't it be better to send Sensei to rescue Jamil? Or Ms. Rose?"

"And maybe don't take Owen. He's still learning you know," Hiro points out.

"I'm taking Owen because he wants to rescue his brother and I will not deny him that," Amy has her arms crossed.

"That still doesn't explain why you aren't telling Sensei," Scott brings up again.

"What's wrong with me wanting to do this huh? You think I can't do it?" Amy narrows her eyes at Scott.

"No. I just know that there's a higher chance of Jamil being recused if Sensei or Ms. Rose go," Scott argues. "And I think that we should go with the option that has the most chance of success."

"I'm going to rescue Jamil," Amy says. "And that's final. You can't change my mind. I've already failed once, I won't do it again."

"She's totally in love with him," Quill whispers to Rohan and Hiro. "There's no way she'd go this far for someone she doesn't love." Her voice then gets louder. "Amy, you never failed. You didn't fail Aster, you didn't fail anyone."

Hiro and Rohan both nod their heads.

Amy lets out a grunt and that's the end of that.

"Hey guys, this is my mate Kyril," Quill pulls out her phone and shows a picture. "We've been mates for over a year now."