Month of November (Chapter 21)

It's been two months. A very long two months. The search kept going but something kept on blocking them from finding Jamil. Who's officially the most patient person.

"It's been two months, TWO MONTHS!" Blaez paces in front of Jamil. "How the hell have I not gotten revenge yet?!"

"Beats me," Jamil shrugs, he didn't even notice the two months go by. All he knows is that he promised Owen he'd wait. And wait is what he's doing. "You don't think someone is trying to stop them from finding us do you?" His chin feels itchy from all the hair.

"Why would anyone do that?" Blaez raises an eyebrow. "What could they possibly gain from delaying my revenge?"

Jamil shrugs, unsure about it himself. All he knows is that the blond dude told him he would be here till November. Not specifically, but Jamil managed to figure it out through the pieces of information the mage shared.

All I know is that apparently September was too early, Jamil muses. And now that it's November...that blond must be letting them find me now...whoever that dude is, they're smart. They're able to hide me away and let them find me when they want? Genius. But scary.

"Well, I'm going to work. I'll see you when I get back," Blaez heads over to the door.

"Have fun! And have a safe trip there and back," Jamil smiles. He waves his hands that are still tied up in the air.

"You're something else Jamil," Blaez waves back before leaving. He steals one last glance at Jamil before closing the door. Blaez grabs his coat and swings it over himself as he leaves.

He reaches the bar, drops his coat and grabs the vest, before heading to the counters. Blaez smiles politely at the multiple mages there. He gets their orders, hands them out, and gets tips.

Blaez finishes cleaning up some glasses, humming to himself.

"Excuse me."

Blaez turns around to see the mage that looks similar to him. He puts away the towel and smiles, going over to the customer.

"What can I get you?" Blaez asks, a hologram popping up in front of him.

"The Sizzler please," the mage smiles back.

"Coming right up," Blaez turns around and starts to make the drink. Or rather, enchants the objects to make it for him. The contents are poured into a glass and Blaez holds it out to the customer. "Here you go. One Sizzler."

"Thanks," the mage starts drinking it. The mage lets out a satisfied sigh after one gulp.

"Sorry if this is straightforward but could I possibly get your name?" Blaez questions. He couldn't shake off the feeling that this wolf is someone he knows.

"It's no problem, my name is Rohan," Rohan smiles, putting down his drink on the table. "Do I remind you of someone by any chance?"

"How'd...you know?" Blaez suddenly gets suspicious.

"Oh, I just get it a lot. Especially from the wolf community. So who do I look like?" Rohan puts his arms on the table and leans in to hear better.

"Just..." Blaez decides on the fly what he could say. "You look really similar to everyone in the pack I was with when I was younger...that's all."

"Does it happen to be a pack that all died suddenly?" Rohan questions.

"Who are you?" Blaez puts his hand on his pocket.

"Someone who's just trying to find out which pack he was from," Rohan answers. "And from what I've seen, you and I look similar enough to be family..."