Redemption Reigns

Summary: Osric and reader attend the Teen Choice Awards as a fake couple but will that leave as one? It could all go either way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A week past. You and Osric went out to lunch a few times as friends. It somewhat pained you that you couldn't kiss him goodbye once your meal had been paid for but you knew that it would be even more painful to not see him at all as he went on with his life. It was nice that you could mend his heart one stitch at a time since you had previously ripped it apart so forcefully. You loved the way he smiled at you again and didn't look at you as if you were a stranger. Sometimes you hoped he had forgotten your past together since it had seemed you were starting over again. But then the little things. He didn't hug you goodbye, he waved. He never texted first like he used to. Any conversation that went into the topic of Paris changed immediately so you weren't sure if he was ready or ever would be to love you again. But you did know, that he didn't hate you.

This wasn't only good for your relationship but for your career. You squashed rumors with one tweet:

You: Having lunch with the handsome @Osricchau Love ya!

You also Instagrammed a picture and he did something similar. Next thing you knew, headlines of your supposed break up had been changed to a nasty rumor being put to rest. This made you happy because fans who had been sticking up for you online now felt powerful (even though the rumors were true). People who stoned you and Osric now regretted it and wished to make amends behind the screen without admitting you were wrong. That's right. Hollywood realized their wrong. People were now voting for you for the award rapidly. You were excited that things had turned around with one tweet. You hadn't even confirmed or denied anything. You were very excited about the Teen's Choice Awards.

It was a long flight from Vancouver to LA but thankfully the night before you had wrapped around eleven o'clock so you had plenty of time. You got ready at your home in LA. The award show was more laid back since it was for teens so you went casual classy. You wore a strapless, flowing, black midriff and black flowing pants with red stilettos. Your hair was curled delicately and framed your face. You wore silver earrings, a silver ring, and cherry red lipstick. You had a red clutch with your phone in it. Just then you heard a knock at the door. There in the doorway was Osric in a nice clean suit. You wondered if he would say something because currently all he could do was stare.

"Hey." he said scratching the back of his neck, "Wow Y/N...you look gorgeous."

"Really?" you blushed, "You think so? Because I... actually kind of feel gorgeous."

"You're so conceited" he joked as you walked out to the Uber with him.

"Shut up." you said hitting him playfully, "I'm just excited to play dress up."

"No shame in that." Osric smiled.

"What about you? You decided to go with a suit" you asked referring to him being known for going to award shows in dresses for fun.

"Well I figured since I was going with Barbie, I might as well be Ken." he said with a shy smile.

"I don't know about Barbie." you said approaching the Uber, "I've got more pounds on her and my boobs are real."

He laughed as he opened the car door for you, "Okay who do you want to be compared to then?"

"No one." you smiled said getting in the car.

"Fair enough." said Osric, "They'll introduce us as No One and No One's Asian friend."

You smiled, "Done and done." and then he closed the door and went around the other side to get in. You were a bit nervous. You hadn't been to an award show in quite some time and you definitely never had to fake a date with your ex-boyfriend. There was a sense of silence along the way to the TCA's. Neither of you really wanted to bring up the "plan".