Winter Wishes

SPN cast x Reader

Summary: As the reader wraps up her time in Vancouver, it's time to say goodbye for now and make Christmas plans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Osric walked through the small outside shopping area in Vancouver. You had your knit beanie on and an overcoat. You held his arm as the two of you looked for something to do.

"So, Y/N," Osric said, able to see his breath, "you just won the Superbowl, what are you going to do next?" You looked around.

"What about the cute little coffee shop you were telling me about?" you asked, looking up at him with a smile.

"You want to go to it?" he asked.

"Yeah," you smiled, "you talked it up quite a bit."

"Well when I say small, I mean small." he said, "Like, Cupboard Under the Stairs small."

"What do you mean?" you asked as the two of you stopped your walking.

"There's no place to sit in there." he explained, "But I can get us coffee and you can find us a place to sit outside." He pointed to the coffee shop right across the street.

"But it's freezing out here." you said, holding his arm tighter for warmth.

Osric nodded in agreement, "But it's good coffee." he said as the two of you started walking towards it, "Besides, there are heat lamps."

"Okay." you nodded as you approached the shop. You let go of your arm and he kissed your cheek before he went to go inside.

He stopped and turned around, "Same order?"

"Awkward coffee." you smiled and he nodded.

"You got it." he replied before going inside. He was right. That coffee shop was small. However, there were tons of places to sit outside. Each table, covered in frost, was accompanied by a heat lamp that didn't seem to be doing its job. You shivered, turning your nose up to it. You looked through to glass and saw that Osric had two people ahead of him in line. You were about to go in and tell him that it was just too cold when you heard a bell ring from around the corner. You looked over and saw a mother and daughter leaving a bookstore with their hot chocolate. Curious, you went over to the bookstore and the same bell jingled as you entered.

"Merry Christmas!" said the store clerk, who was the only person in the whole store besides yourself.

"Merry Christmas." you replied. The bookstore was beautiful and warm. There were twinkling Christmas lights hanging from the bookshelves. Towards the back of the room was a spiral staircase that led up to what looked to be a loft. You followed the stairs and up the loft, you discovered many more books. You picked up a few that you found interesting and turned them over in your hand. Curiouser, you also found a bin full of Christmas style blankets. You took a blanket and the books and took a seat on the staircase. Just then the bell jingled as someone entered the store.

"There you are!" Osric explained as he entered with your coffees, "I've been looking for you everywhere."

"You didn't tell me there was a cute little bookshop over here." you said with a smile.

"I've actually never been in here." Osric said, standing by the staircase.

"You have a cute little coffee shop across the street from this cute little bookshop and you are telling me you never put to and to together?" you teased.

"Nope." he said, popping the "p".

"Well then that makes this date more special." you smiled, "Get over here." He followed your instructions and stood on a few stairs below the one you were sitting on.