SOCIETY

There was a time where the world was on the brink of war

There was a time where the world was on the brink of war. A war where no one would survive, every nation ever created or conquered would have ceased to exist within seconds.

There was a time when the clock was seven seconds from midnight...and then the minute hand struck twelve. Since then, society has seemingly split itself in two. Two simple colonies, a living, working, breathing black and white fallacy, the Pure and the Damaged.

The Pures lived in cities of high class luxury and prosperity, a place deemed to be the embodiment of peace. Everyone here was just as utopian as the city, always kind and humane. But they always turned a blind eye to the other half, pretending they were nothing more than dirt under their shoes.

These people, they were viewed as flawed, and were outlawed. They were thrown out of city boundaries and were forced to colonize what was left of the barren earth annihilated by war. They took shelter in abandoned towns and made a city of their own, living with nature and all her purified beauty.

This was all in an effort to keep amity, to keep a common unity among people. The men behind it all dreamt of something entirely different, a nation that thrived from perfection, rather than diversity.

A world once free to roam and live a life destined to happen now lived in segregation, limited in every way possible. A plan to keep a nation intact and free from conflict only seems to be leading to more. A nation bursting at the seams like a river inundated with rainwater, was only minutes away from a flood that would make every building ever built efface from the surface.