PLAYLIST

In which contains a list of twenty songs best fit for this story___________________

___________________

Blood In The Cut [Explicit] - K. Flay
~ This song fits well with Chapter Eleven in which Madelynn follows and confronts her mother. The music behind the lyrics has the perfect feel for this scene of suspicion and secrecy.

Build The City - Karma Fields
~This song presents a perfect feel for Madelynn's emotions. It reflects how she feels lost within the city and how she wants to burn the bridges between herself and the Pures.

Counting Stars - OneRepublic
~I fell in love with this song for Chapter One, it is the perfect tune for a scene opening with running. The lyrics sum up the confusion Madelynn feels within society and how she wants to break free from it all and experience something different.

Dear God - XTC
~Represents the oppression Madelynn and Quinn feel not just within society, but also in their own home as they want to run and leave to the other side. Good to listen to while reading Chapter Three.

Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
~This song is perfect for the Epilogue, reflecting that the once broken society is now healed and two societies are now mended as one. I love the tune and the overall happy feel the song possesses.

Legend - The Score
~This song definitely represents Tate and his longing to fix the broken society with his idea of rebellion. It reflects his desire to be strong and to have ultimate freedom within his life.

Like Real People Do - Hozier
~This song is a sweet, slow song perfect for Chapter Twenty-Two in which Tate finally opens up to Madelynn and they share a passionate kiss. It really reflects the fact that they are two strangers from two different worlds but they are both human, and capable of loving one another despite those differences. They are able to put the past behind them and lead a life of love and understanding.

Mount Everest [Explicit] - Labrinth
~This also represents Tate, and his strong demeanor and policy towards love. This song is great for Chapter Eighteen.

Ribs - Lorde
~This song represents the independence and change within Madelynn as she grows from being a lost teenager to a young adult navigating her place in the world. It is a reflection of her lostness and the sudden dramatic change of her life.

Savage - Sam Tinnesz
~The song of the revolution, this song is definitely great for Chapter Seventeen when the idea is first brought about. It really represents the fury and anger within the Damaged and their desire to break the system to gain a better life free from oppression.

Revolution - The Score
~This song is amazing for the rebellion, especially for Chapters Thirty Four and Thirty Six. This song reflects the fight the Damaged are willing to bring in order to mend the broken society.

In The Wild - Ellis
~This song is great for Chapter Twenty-Seven as Tate takes Madelynn to the secret garden. She is lost in the wild but feels safe and grounded when with Tate, and the tune really shows that in the scene.

POWER FREAKS [Explicit] - Jean Dawson
~This song is a really good representation of the fight between the Pures and the Damaged. It shows how the two sides aren't different yet live a lie that they are.

Uprising - Muse
~Another amazing song representing the anger and infuriating oppression the Damaged feel. It reflects their wanting to rise from the ruins of the past city and live anew above ground where they can be free from all control and force.

We Appreciate Power - Grimes
~The song of the Pures and their obsession to elevate the human race and succeed through submission. They want power over society and do not want to lose that control they possess.

Pursuit of Happiness [Explicit] - Kid Cudi
~Reflects the Damaged and their struggles to find happiness within their world. Especially Tate, who struggles with his past and past betrayals from the ones he loved who left him broken.

Blood // Water - grandson
~This song definitely characterizes William and his greed, and what he loses as a consequence for his ruthless demands and ruling over the society. This song is great for Chapter Forty, William's trial in which he begs for forgiveness but is granted no mercy.

BURN IT DOWN - Linkin Park
~This song is amazing for Chapter Twenty-Four and the train scene. This is the first step to the rebellion and captures the desire to burn the system of submission down and build a new society.

Stronger - The Score
~This song is great for Quinn, Sam, and Logan as they lead disguised into the Pure Headquarters. It represents their willingness and bravery to participate in the rebellion and bring peace once and for all despite the clear and present danger.

Take Yours - Matthew Mole
~This song is absolutely beautiful. For this story, it is a perfect representation of putting aside the fear and pride (especially that felt by Tate) and gaining an understanding of one another and growing to love each other for who they are, not for who they are known to be based on stereotypes.