#33 - The Makeover

Chapter 33 - The Makeover
published: Monday, 3 June 2019

[ requested ]

—*—

"Truth or Dare, Piper dear," Travis Stoll sing-songed. He grinned mischievously at the daughter of Aphrodite, who eyed him warily.

"There isn't really a good choice," Piper muttered distastefully.

Sam looked back and forth between the two of them, unsure of what to think. She was still getting used to the familial closeness that all the demigods at Camp Half-Blood had.

Travis was one of her half-brothers, as Sam had learnt when she'd arrived last week. Apparently, the Greek gods were real, and she was the daughter of the god of mischief and thieves — none other than Hermes himself.

The thing was, Sam didn't really feel like a child of Hermes. She'd never stolen anything before, and she didn't have any cool party tricks — not that she'd ever been invited to any.

Travis has taken it up as his god-given duty to acquaint her with everyone at camp.

Piper McLean was supposedly a big deal at camp, according to pretty much everyone Sam had met. She'd been one of the seven demigods who'd saved the world, who were all easing themselves into retirement.

She was here to visit, since her boyfriend Jason Grace was co-ordinating new temples for all the gods.

The Seven were somewhat of celebrities here, and even though Sam hadn't found out about them till quite recently, she found herself quite nervous when meeting the living legend for the first time.

Piper was very nice, very pretty, and the complete opposite of some Aphrodite girls Sam had met over the week. None of the rest of the Seven were here, but Piper seemed to be friends with most of the older campers.

They all sat in a circle on the basketball court — Travis, Piper, Katie Gardener, Will Solace, and Sam.

"Honestly, either way, it'll be bad," Will pointed out. He was Nico di Angelo's boyfriend, a child of Hades whom Sam found incredibly scary. "I mean, it's Travis."

"Really feeling the love, guys," Travis muttered.

Piper paused thoughtfully for a few moments. "Dare."

There were a few impressed whistles that came from Katie and Will, which earned an eye-roll from Piper.

"It's not the end of the world," Piper insisted.

"I dare you..." Travis paused for dramatic effect. "To go to the Aphrodite cabin and ask your siblings for a makeover."

The way that Piper's expression morphed into one of horror and absolute regret, someone else might think she'd just been asked to kill someone.

Piper stared at him. "I was wrong. It is the end of the world." She groaned, "Do I really have to?"

"A dare's a dare," Travis declared. "Forfeit is taking off a piece of clothing."

Sam saw Piper glance down at herself — she was wearing shorts and a t-shirt — and actually consider it for a second before slowly getting to her feet.