#60 - The Avengers (AU) (Part I)

Chapter 60 - The Avengers (AU) (Part I)
published: Monday, 29 June 2020

Time Frame: Alternate Universe (AU) where the Seven are the Avengers from the MCU; takes place after the movie 'Iron Man 3'

Synopsis: In a universe where our favourite demigods are the Avengers, billionaire Percy Jackson doesn't exactly invite his new team of superheroes to move into his tower and become his family — but they do it anyway.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Warning(s): Relationships here are unrelated to the actual superheroes. (e.g. Jason and Piper are not the same as Thor and Pepper). Some relationships from 'Heroes of Olympus' are not in this AU.

Theme: 'Bad To You' by Ariana Grande

Contains: Jason/Piper and Frank/Hazel as friendships; focus on Annabeth/Percy as a romantic relationship; team bonding; Percy's POV; Percy/Tony Stark-centric; feel-good shenanigans; enemies to friends to lovers; heavy pining (in the last chapter)

Things to note: Annabeth is still the same age as Captain America in this, but Iron Man is 32 because Percy and Annabeth should be closer in age

List of Demigods as Avengers:
Captain America/Steve Rogers: Annabeth
Iron Man/Tony Stark: Percy
Thor: Jason
Hulk/Bruce Banner: Leo
Hawkeye/Clint Barton: Frank
Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff: Hazel
Pepper Potts: Piper
War Machine/Rhodey: Grover
Nick Fury: Mr D/Dionysus
Jane Foster: Reyna
Loki: Thalia

—*—

"Iron Man, on your left," the Captain's sharp orders crackled through Percy's earpiece as he swivelled around and blasted the crap out of a whirring robot.

Some idiot had salvaged whatever alien tech they could and stupidly decided to experiment with powering robots with it. As was clear, that hadn't ended so well.

"You know, Bruce, we could use with some of this stuff," Percy mused as he regarded the short-circuiting robot, the shattered purple gem spilling onto the ground.

The Hulk roared in response, and Percy was treated to a wonderful view of him ripping apart a car and using it to crush two more bots.

Percy winced inside his suit, landing with a slight stumble, his metal boots clanking against the tarmac road. Oh, Mr D was going to kill them for all the collateral damage.

"Save Manhattan first and satisfy your scientific curiosity later, Jackson," Captain America said shortly.

Even though her snappy answer might've offended anyone else, Percy was just glad she didn't tell him off in that harsh tone for not using their code names in battle.

"And we're not supposed to use our real names in the field."

And there it was.

"Someone's got a stick up their ass," Percy muttered, knowing full well that the snide comment would be caught by the sensitive mic.

Hawkeye's snicker reverberated in his helmet, and Percy allowed himself a small smirk.

"At least someone thinks you're funny." The voice that should've come out of his earpiece came from his left, and Percy nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the Black Widow speak.

"Thought I told you not to sneak up on me like that. I might blast your head off next time."

Hazel snorted. "I'd like to see you try." Her frizzy hair was in tight braids today, and it just made her so much more of a mystery to Percy; where the hell did super-secret assassins learn intricate hairstyles?