Chapter 10

It's the second time I wake up with Liam's arms wrapped around me and when I slowly turn over, I am met with the most serene and handsome face that would make anyones tummy flutter with joy. I really do like him and I really can't explain why, I mean we are polar opposites so it doesn't make sense, but maybe that is exactly why. They do say that opposites attract and I personally never understood such a saying. I always thought that two people should share the same interests, have similar goals in life, something that connects them, but with me and Liam, we have none of those things.

I longingly gaze upon his beautiful face tempted to touch him, touch all the contours of his features, wanting to explore his entire body but I know full well, I'm not ready for that and I don't even know if I ever could have something like that with him. At the back of my mind I still have doubts and trust issues with him and I don't know if I could ever get over that. He has done some atrocious things to girls in the past and potentially I could be his next victim. He says he likes me and I believe him, but the question is, how much and how long for, before he gets bored of me and moves onto the next. I push those negative thoughts back and I want to focus on the now.

I stroke his face gently, not wanting to wake him up and he stirs under my touch. I immediately pull my hand away, scared that he might wake up thinking I'm creepy for watching him and touching him while he sleeps, but instead he pulls me closer to him and mumbles something that makes my heart crumble, "Don't leave me!" 

He must be dreaming of his mother and my heart aches for him, so I snuggle a little closer to him, wrapping my tiny arms around him, wanting to protect him from his own dreams. How could a mother leave their child behind and never see them again, the thought alone is abhorrent to me, not to mention his father who I understand is hurt by his wife's betrayal, but to take it out on his only son, beating him black and blue for years is just wrong on so many levels. 

I'm no different though, without really knowing him, I was ready to play a nasty game of revenge with him. The guilt is eating me alive and I remove myself from our embrace, needing to create some space between us. I slowly sneak out of my bed, climbing down, I grab my cell-phone and leave the room. I need to phone Jemma and call things off, but before that I want to speak to Sydney, she knows whats going on and maybe she can advise me about Liam and whether I should give him a chance and see where things go. 

As I quietly go down the stairs, my two brothers walk in through the front door and they look like shit. They must be hangover and something else as their eyes are red and blotchy, their clothes are all shrivelled up and their hair is a complete mess. SHIT!!! Liam is in my bed and if they see him coming out of my room all hell is going to break loose. Shit, shit and SHIT!!!

"Morning!" I say nervously and turn on my heels to go back upstairs. "Stop right there!!!" My brother Derick says and then Travis speaks:

"I heard you made an appearance at the party last night!" He says glaring at me. I'm so dead. "Yes but it wasn't really my scene so I left soon after I arrived!" I lie and hope to god himself that they believe me. "Bullshit!" my brother Derick said and then continued:

"I heard you had a good time playing drinking games and making out with some fucker!" He says to me in disgust. Whoah, I didn't make out with that groper, I think to myself. "who told you that? I didn't make out with him we just danced!", I say in my defence, but by the look on both their faces, I think I just made things worse. "Who's T-shirt is that then?" They both question me at the same time. FUCK, FUCK and FUCK!!! I have no answer for that and all I can think of is to make a dash for my room and lock myself in. I take one small step backwards but my back hits something hard. Could this day get any worse, I think to myself, closing my eyes and preparing myself for the worse. I don't even dare look back, because I already know who the hard surface belongs to.